British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

15 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

LR knows his stuff and I'm sure he's probably got an ace up his sleeve.....

or locked in his glovebox......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Think you maybe disappointed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Laurence Rogers  is a complete and utter muppet. If anyone is pinning their hopes on him being our saviour then God help us. I wouldn’t even trust him to pull a burger out of a bag yet alone a heat leader !! 
this team will be challenging for the wooden spoon 

Edited by the hobbit

Building a team way below the points limit is absolutely insanity & wreaks of penny pinching.

17 hours ago, Col said:

Building a team way below the points limit is absolutely insanity & wreaks of penny pinching.

It's what happened. No-one could have forseen that Garrity would go insane and get locked up?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

It's what happened. No-one could have forseen that Garrity would go insane and get locked up?

You think?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, *JJ said:

Add ‘when he did’ at the end of your sentence and it’s more accurate. 

• Like 1

We knew what was happening regarding Garrity almost a year ago so we cant use that as a excuse . Is Luke Becker an option or Hans Anderson ? Maybe Klindt ?

If we build a team way under the points limit it is going to be another wooden spoon season . 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

54 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

We knew what was happening regarding Garrity almost a year ago so we cant use that as a excuse . Is Luke Becker an option or Hans Anderson ? Maybe Klindt ?

If we build a team way under the points limit it is going to be another wooden spoon season . 

Luke Becker or hans Anderson  cant ride in the championship because of the polish rules 

On 3/12/2021 at 4:11 PM, Col said:

Chris Harris doesn't come cheap Col?

I think the 'Masons' are doing a great job....we are lucky to be in existence.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Chris Harris doesn't come cheap Col?

I think the 'Masons' are doing a great job....we are lucky to be in existence.

100%

We've had no luck at all and just coming to tapes in 2021 will be a win!

If we can stabilise and build a team for 2022 the future will look a lot brighter and Birmingham and Brummies are going to be right at the heart of all of the Commonwealth Games news and lots of positive press attention.

We need to find a No 1 who is affordable and not a huge risk financially and hopefully not 40 plus.

With their close links to the South East, I do wonder if Lewis Bridger will find his way to Perry Barr at some point. He has said in several articles he doesn't want to commit to CL yet, he seems to be keeping options open though and if he starts well at Kings Lynn, who knows.

Peter and David deserve the 100% of all of us.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HGould said:

100%

We've had no luck at all and just coming to tapes in 2021 will be a win!

If we can stabilise and build a team for 2022 the future will look a lot brighter and Birmingham and Brummies are going to be right at the heart of all of the Commonwealth Games news and lots of positive press attention.

We need to find a No 1 who is affordable and not a huge risk financially and hopefully not 40 plus.

With their close links to the South East, I do wonder if Lewis Bridger will find his way to Perry Barr at some point. He has said in several articles he doesn't want to commit to CL yet, he seems to be keeping options open though and if he starts well at Kings Lynn, who knows.

Peter and David deserve the 100% of all of us.

Why have your not had any luck? 

15 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Why have your not had any luck? 

not had luck with injuries over past few completed seasons , Shanes and Morris both flying in to great form before getting injured.

let down badly by a few riders, Garrity (no need to go there it's obvious) Johansson (however you spell it) pulled out after agreeing for 2020.

shame we could not have secured Adam Ellis but attraction of initially Danish spot on a Wednesday and since 2019 swedish and polish leagues, not adams fault at all but timing again just did us.

Couple of promising Danes didn't come off and probably released Newman and Hulme too soon.

31 minutes ago, HGould said:

not had luck with injuries over past few completed seasons , Shanes and Morris both flying in to great form before getting injured.

let down badly by a few riders, Garrity (no need to go there it's obvious) Johansson (however you spell it) pulled out after agreeing for 2020.

shame we could not have secured Adam Ellis but attraction of initially Danish spot on a Wednesday and since 2019 swedish and polish leagues, not adams fault at all but timing again just did us.

Couple of promising Danes didn't come off and probably released Newman and Hulme too soon.

Like I've said think you're team will end up way under the points limit not riders out there who are willing to ride over here on the average you have left .

Edited by Trackerman48
Missed some words