British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Now is the time to back the club or regret you didn't when it's gone. I know you can not drag people in kicking and screaming,  however as more and more of us are vaccinated it us time to come out and start to enjoy life again. You can start by attending perry barr next Wednesday. 

• Like 3

CLUB STATEMENT

BIRMINGHAM co-owner David Mason has warned next Wednesday’s Perry Barr clash is make-or-break for the future of the club.

Mason has revealed the club are on the brink after a series of shocking attendances since the relaunch of the sport in May.

They have been suffering heavy financial losses and if fans don’t return in bigger numbers it will spell the end of the club unless any financial help comes forward.

He said: “If the fans don’t turn out next Wednesday, we may have to shut the doors!

“The restrictions have dramatically effected the finances of the business and we are losing significant amounts money every time we open our doors.

“Next Wednesday is one last chance for the people of Birmingham and surrounding areas to show they want speedway at Perry Barr.

“Kent include the legendary Scott Nicholls and there are suggestions of a new signing heading their way too.

“We thank our hardcore supporters who have turned out every week to support the club but we need you to get behind us and even if that means bringing relatives or friends next week.

“My focus will be more on whether we can sustain this business rather than the performance of the team which is very good. We now have cash admission on the night back for fans and there really is no excuse from here.”

Not been to Perry Barr before but I'm coming down from Sheffield next week. Hope the locals turn out in force to support their club.

• Like 1

Not sure they can blame the fans, you need to make them want to go. They are promoting it good through all types of media aren't they? 

Hopefully we get a good crowd against Kent weather permitting or against Edinburgh on the 11th August in the second round leg. Just hope the first one is close if not then don’t think will get a crowd.. 

Hope the meeting goes ahead next week, looking forward to seeing Scotty and their new signing. Heard it’s either Troy batchelor, Rohan Tungate or Lasse Bjerre. 

I've seen enough of Batchelor in Tigers kevlars to hope it isn't him.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Col said:

I've seen enough of Batchelor in Tigers kevlars to hope it isn't him.

Well as a guess I would say get ready to be disappointed...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure they can blame the fans, you need to make them want to go. They are promoting it good through all types of media aren't they? 

Who else is to blame then?

The Masons have put together a cracking side this season....what more can they do?

Not sure promoting would make any difference? Its a shame that we get p#ss all help from local media....we need to get the 'old' faithful back down there....

My only gripe would be if we didn't manage to complete the season....

After supporting the club for 50 years this year....I fear the worst!

I would like to hear the thoughts of Brian Buck....he has done so much for the club and it's revival.

He is an unsung hero imo!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

We need someone local to take it on.....

Let's face it....it's not a business where anyone is going to make any money....the owners will have to do it for the passion of the club/sport!

35 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

The Masons have put together a cracking side this season....what more can they do?

Not sure promoting would make any difference? Its a shame that we get p#ss all help from local media....we need to get the 'old' faithful back down there....

I would like to hear the thoughts of Brian Buck....he has done so much for the club and it's revival.

Is it really a cracking team this year or a mediocre team that has no hope of making the play offs ? Its also a whole lot more than that, the 2019 team was tripe also with non stop changes and that is the last memory for those who have not returned this season. Then there is the question of how has the racing been over the past few seasons? I recall very few reports of entertaining matches packed with passes. 

Sadly Brum have run into trouble over a few years and not just 2021 and sadly the way back will equally take a few seasons and not just a call of use it or lose it for one or two meetings.

10 hours ago, CountArthur said:

Not been to Perry Barr before but I'm coming down from Sheffield next week. Hope the locals turn out in force to support their club.

Allow plenty of extra time to navigate the roadworks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Cracking side— you think we have a cracking side, you must be crazy. All the rides about from Harris and Riss are cheap as chips so not the expensive team.

What promotions have they done? They should get all people who brought  a season ticket to bring a  friend and would cost £5/£10 entry, Or when  buy a ticket you get a free drink? Little things like that. Also speak to the local football teams in the area. Speak to Birmingham, Aston Villa westbrom to help with promotions and what not. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

Cracking side— you think we have a cracking side, you must be crazy. All the rides about from Harris and Riss are cheap as chips so not the expensive team.

What promotions have they done? They should get all people who brought  a season ticket to bring a  friend and would cost £5/£10 entry, Or when  buy a ticket you get a free drink? Little things like that. Also speak to the local football teams in the area. Speak to Birmingham, Aston Villa westbrom to help with promotions and what not. 

Also....speak to the fickle so called fans that say they're never going again unless Shanes/Morris/Paco are sacked ??? ;)

• Like 1