British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

With Brian Buck remaining so quiet, it leads me to think that something is in the pipe line?

I do like forum logic :D.

Hope your instincts prove to be correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So that's it... season over. Time for grades.

Harris.. B- most entertaining rider at PB, misses the gate too often but always has.

Grobauer. F. Anonymous in terms of racing & scores.

Morris. C. Inconsistently infuriating.

Shanes. E. Can  be the fastest rider at PB, after the first lap  Performances have deteriorated badly as the season came to an end.

Riss. D. Not the heat leader I thought he'd be.

Castagna. B+. The only reason Brummies win at home.

Thomas. C+. Has got better, can be too tentative at times when track is tricky.

Promotion. D. Nobody wants to hear promoters whining.

Track Staff. Z. Just awful, dusty, bumpy, unraceable, inconsistent... everything you don't want.

8 hours ago, Col said:

So that's it... season over. Time for grades.

Harris.. B- most entertaining rider at PB, misses the gate too often but always has.

Grobauer. F. Anonymous in terms of racing & scores.

Morris. C. Inconsistently infuriating.

Shanes. E. Can  be the fastest rider at PB, after the first lap  Performances have deteriorated badly as the season came to an end.

Riss. D. Not the heat leader I thought he'd be.

Castagna. B+. The only reason Brummies win at home.

Thomas. C+. Has got better, can be too tentative at times when track is tricky.

Promotion. D. Nobody wants to hear promoters whining.

Track Staff. Z. Just awful, dusty, bumpy, unraceable, inconsistent... everything you don't want.

I like your grading of riders and 'take' on the season....

Harris = A+   :gave everything in every match...a TRUE LEGEND IMO!

Grobauer = E :an absolute waste of space!

Morris = C : Hit and miss as always!

Shanes = E : Not up to Championship level IMO!

Riss = Z : woeful, I wouldn't give him the time of day!

Castagna = B : did his best and on his day performed well....lots of potential, just lacks that 'bottle' to go up a level !

Thomas = C : Potential is there, hope he can kick on!

Promotion = A : purely for just sticking at it, when it would have been far easier to give up!

Track Preparation (can't blame the staff....no shale/dodgy equipment....) disappointing...made for lack lustre racing....however Chris Harris's performances 'negate' my opinion.

It obviously took a rider with deft skill and huge bottle to get something out of it......

It's a shame we signed a bunch of non-gaters and supplied a 'gating' track ??? NO LOGIC!

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I like your grading of riders and 'take' on the season....

Harris = A+   :gave everything in every match...a TRUE LEGEND IMO!

Grobauer = E :an absolute waste of space!

Morris = C : Hit and miss as always!

Shanes = E : Not up to Championship level IMO!

Riss = Z : woeful, I wouldn't give him the time of day!

Castagna = B : did his best and on his day performed well....lots of potential, just lacks that 'bottle' to go up a level !

Thomas = C : Potential is there, hope he can kick on!

Promotion = A : purely for just sticking at it, when it would have been far easier to give up!

Track Preparation (can't blame the staff....no shale/dodgy equipment....) disappointing...made for lack lustre racing....however Chris Harris's performances 'negate' my opinion.

It obviously took a rider with deft skill and huge bottle to get something out of it......

It's a shame we signed a bunch of non-gaters and supplied a 'gating' track ??? NO LOGIC!

Riss probably looking after his average for whoever he rides for next season.He is very inconsistent though,not sure what to make of him, thought he was going places after his 1st season atEdinburgh.

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Riss probably looking after his average for whoever he rides for next season.He is very inconsistent though,not sure what to make of him, thought he was going places after his 1st season atEdinburgh.

He's certainly got 'something'....but like you say, it's if/when he wants to use it? 

I wouldn't sign him again ! (Not that we'll have the option :) )

7 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

He's certainly got 'something'....but like you say, it's if/when he wants to use it? 

I wouldn't sign him again ! (Not that we'll have the option :) )

Germans who used to ride for Edinburgh have previous... Just saying :D

• Haha 1

I think Riss is struggling with the new tyres like a lot of riders, tho some do seem to have found a way of making them work. Sometimes when riders are happy and performing and then get a change like that it really affects them 

An Edinburgh fan I was fortunate enough to spend the evening talking to said Riss was likely to give British Speedway a miss next year, doesn't like the tracks.

Don't think he's been intentionally lowering his average, has had a poor season for Kings Lynn also. Certainly not the rider who romped to a 15 point maximum for Redcar in 2019.

4 minutes ago, Col said:

An Edinburgh fan I was fortunate enough to spend the evening talking to said Riss was likely to give British Speedway a miss next year, doesn't like the tracks.

Don't think he's been intentionally lowering his average, has had a poor season for Kings Lynn also. Certainly not the rider who romped to a 15 point maximum for Redcar in 2019.

Average not that low - 8 points

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Col said:

Strange because when I spoke to him he said that he'd be happy to stay in British speedway because its better paid than Denmark and Sweden. Only the top league in Poland is better and he's not at that level yet 

17 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Average not that low - 8 points

Which suggests his season hasn't been as disastrous as people make out really 

The decline in performances by Erik Riss is a total shock, when I watched him become the Championship Riders' champion he was absolutely smashing it.

I believed he could fly.............:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

The decline in performances by Erik Riss is a total shock, when I watched him become the Championship Riders' champion he was absolutely smashing it.

I believed he could fly.............:rolleyes:

He is class. When he feels in the mood.

Riss seems to struggle when the pressure is on. You only have to see his heat 15 away at Plymouth and I think both heat 13 and 15 at the championship match at Edinburgh, it's either a tape infringement or first bend collision.