British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

23 hours ago, Deano said:

The 1,000 break even is a challenge which is driven by the rent increase

Did they explain the mathematics about that?  Did they mean 1,000 fans paying full fare (£16.50) at the gate, i.e. they need £16,500 in revenue per meeting?  My guess is that 75% of the fans won't be paying full fare, as they are paying concessionary admission @£14 a pop.  That difference of £2.50 x 750 = £1,875 per meeting, which over a (20 match) season makes a difference of £37,500, or in other words the difference between make or break. If they can survive at £14,625 per meeting in revenue, then happy days, but if not....

I just hope that they haven't got their figures in a twist.

1 hour ago, Argos said:

Yes they should give up now rather than building up us supporters hopes, I have seen the Statement about last nights meeting, It states we must run 20 meetings but how?, if there’s 11 teams in the league that’s 10 home league meetings say  2 KO CUP meetings, were do the other 8 come from ? We all know unfortunately that there is absolutely no way we can average 1000 per meeting.

We have lost Bomber and Riss, Can anyone name me 3 heat leaders that are not fixed up?

But the thing that really has got me worried is it’s only a 12 month deal with the new the new owners, How can’t anyone invest in a Business when at the end of next Season the Lease holders can say that’s it we are not renewing our 12 month agreement, 

The reason I say give up now is because the worst possible outcome is to start the season and fold during the season ie Phillips 

At least someone else other than me understands the situation.

Just now, *JJ said:

Yeah ... pity he's right ...

It’s only his opinion that counts on what see I about his posts though.I wish Birmingham   All the best in getting the backing and the crowd levels they need and do not knock there efforts in trying to get Speedway in Birmingham up and running. Comments might sound negative but not out of order given the troubles the club have found themselves in in the last few seasons.

46 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Sadly we've had similar problems at Rye House. Too many people seem to think that it makes them seem to have superior intelligence if they post negative rubbish, as if lazy cynicism is a sign of wisdom. To them it's all just a sad little game and respect for or understanding of the efforts and strain being put in don't concern them. 

They seem to think they can say what they want and if anyone is hurt then it's the victim's fault for being weak. 

It's the modern world. Try to get them involved in what you are doing and they'd run a mile. 

You have a fine record of campaigning to save or revive Birmingham and it you who earns respect, not them. Sadly you have another fight. I know you will give it your best again. Your efforts will be long remembered after their pettiness. 

They are just too stupid to realise the damage they cause - just starting with demoralising those trying to help others.

After despairing because of the behaviour of this kind of 'supporter' It looks like we may be on the brink of success, as explained in the National League section. May you eventually feel as elated as we are right now as we stand on the brink of success.

Utter rubbish.

False hope only prolongs the pain so it's better to be honest than convincing yourself that everything will work out well in the end.

38 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You need to take that chip off your shoulder.

Me? That's hilarious. 

Thanks for emphatically proving my point. 

Brian and I are trying to help people. What are you doing? 

Typical sad keyboard warrior. Go find someone else to bully. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Utter rubbish.

False hope only prolongs the pain so it's better to be honest than convincing yourself that everything will work out well in the end.

Check the facts. They are available. Just another gutless keyboard warrior hiding behind a childish name. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do wish some would stop getting hung up on this 1000 break even figure.  For every match sponsor, every air bag sponsor , every new share holder etc etc that figure becomes lower and more realistic.  1000 would be nice & but if you aim low, you may get there or aim high and achieve your best. 

33 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Did they explain the mathematics about that? 

No they didn’t. To be honest you just have to take that kind of detail at face value.

32 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Me? That's hilarious. 

It’s a forum.Keyboard Warrior or not,I and others are allowed to voice an opinion,just like yourself.

41 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Check the facts. They are available. Just another gutless keyboard warrior hiding behind a childish name. 

Have checked the facts and it has confirmed that Birmingham fans are lying to themselves if they think they can race on next season and actually fulfil the entire fixture list.

0% chance. 

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Did they explain the mathematics about that?  Did they mean 1,000 fans paying full fare (£16.50) at the gate, i.e. they need £16,500 in revenue per meeting?  My guess is that 75% of the fans won't be paying full fare, as they are paying concessionary admission @£14 a pop.  That difference of £2.50 x 750 = £1,875 per meeting, which over a (20 match) season makes a difference of £37,500, or in other words the difference between make or break. If they can survive at £14,625 per meeting in revenue, then happy days, but if not....

I just hope that they haven't got their figures in a twist.

Unless you are on the Colin Hill VAT scheme your £16.50 or £14 admission charge will include VAT @ 20%. 

5 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Unless you are on the Colin Hill VAT scheme your £16.50 or £14 admission charge will include VAT @ 20%. 

It's highly possible that the successful businessman behind it will have taken the vat into account in his figures...

10 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Me? That's hilarious. 

Rob, you arent trying to open a track with a one year lease and overheads far in excess of potential crowd turnover.  You love keyboard warrior bashing when someone has a different view to yours. 

I actually think that the negative posts are positive to the cause...

It's the livliest Birmingham speedway forum link in a long time.

Lets keep talking !

Survival is probably a long shot, but there's nothing wrong with having 'Hope' !

I just wonder whether a change of name and an amalgamation with Cov/Cradley would be a positive move?

May be one more season at Perry Barr, whilst working on plans to move (if possible) in 2023.

If I win the lottery, I'd definitely build a new track :)

• Like 1

A change of name to the Birmingham Heathens, could draw in the Cradley Promoters. This was mentioned in the meeting. To be honest though this is where speedway fails as you just alienate everyone. The Scottish Monarchs, London Lions, Poole Wildcats, Eastbourne Dons all had a limited time in the sport. There are more.

like Workington, we need a field!

Edited by Deano