British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

I really hope Birmingham can come to tapes in 2022, the start up costs are large and that rent sounds pretty big too..

If they do manage it and we all hope they do, get out and support your club!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, M.D said:

I really hope Birmingham can come to tapes in 2022, the start up costs are large and that rent sounds pretty big too..

Well said :t:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Petecc said:

If that's all you've got to worry about, you must be in a very happy place in life.:drink:

I am ... but 'excepted' and 'accepted' mean the diametrically opposite!:nono:

I just hope we get accepted even if we get excepted from things like voting rights and fixture preferences :o

Keep the faith!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Well said :t:

On 11/28/2021 at 11:45 AM, M.D said:

This also depends on what team we get if we come to the tapes this year.  Only ones from last year you take are Paco and Jack Thomas and then we need to find 5 other riders including 2 heat leaders. 

I am hearing a rumour that brummies won't run in 2022, everything will be geared up for a 2023 return if they can get the stadium owners to agree a deal, don't shoot the messenger

13 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

I am hearing a rumour that brummies won't run in 2022, everything will be geared up for a 2023 return if they can get the stadium owners to agree a deal, don't shoot the messenger

It wouldn't be a surprise with so few heat leader level riders available. 

The current economic climate isn't making it easy to find sponsors either and add in Covid concerns. 

At 50k a season rent NDL is not really viable either. 

We live in hope though no other options. 

47 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Like Eastbourne this seems sensible to me 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Like Eastbourne this seems sensible to me 

I agree, would give new owners time to assess the whole situation thoroughly, what they can work out with stadium owners, sponsorships etc and start planning a team with a plan in place, hopefully if the rumour is true, brummies will come out of it healthier and in a much better situation to work something out regarding the stadium, rent etc, but I think a season away could also be detrimental in the long run

Edited by Gerbat1875
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

not sure who started that rumour but NO truth in it. The consortium are busily working on everything -- hopefully news very soon 

Hopefully it goes in Brummies favour, but the owners of Perry Barr stadium want guarantees that the speedway will run, no guarantees have yet come forward. I 100% believe the person who told me, he is a big player when it comes to Perry Barr issues, like I said dont shoot the messenger

The MD of the greyhound company has been on holiday and back today and the consortium leader is due to call her tomorrow ...therefore until they speak the agreement to run is awaited then  the consortium will finalise the deal to takeover Birmingham Speedway from the outgoing Mason family. Therefore the next few days are important for the club with the new potential owners ready to confirm everything for the 2022 season --- and formulating the Brummies side can be sorted 

5 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

The MD of the greyhound company has been on holiday and back today and the consortium leader is due to call her tomorrow ...therefore until they speak the agreement to run is awaited then  the consortium will finalise the deal to takeover Birmingham Speedway from the outgoing Mason family. Therefore the next few days are important for the club with the new potential owners ready to confirm everything for the 2022 season --- and formulating the Brummies side can be sorted 

I was told this today about the MD, hopefully it will be sorted in Brummies favour, but what I heard is the owners of Perry Barr stadium will want the rental fee upfront, there is no guarantee brummies will generate the income from attendances alone, so there must be a big sponsorship incoming to make 2022 possible 

53 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

I was told this today about the MD, hopefully it will be sorted in Brummies favour, but what I heard is the owners of Perry Barr stadium will want the rental fee upfront, there is no guarantee brummies will generate the income from attendances alone, so there must be a big sponsorship incoming to make 2022 possible 

not correct on the rental fee but there will be advance payments made by the consortium not the whole annual rental fee .....