British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I would pass on Heeps for next season, unless his average drops some more. He has had a great year, but I don't see him having a better one next year in the main team, so to me that's a wasted average, Covatti would prob up his and its way lower. Allen I would defo have back, he has plenty of improvement left in him

League programme is finished so play offs don’t count towards averages.

Fallen to 6.30 from 6.57 since last averages changed.

Id assume 6.30 is his starting average then.

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail

That's too high for me. 

I'm pretty sure he wiil be in next year's team though along with Danny, Lawson, 

Edited by Baldyman

I'd keep Heeps, Allen and Sarjeant.

This thread shouldn't be happening until after the play offs, not right!  Just support your play off final team, there's the whole close season for saying who you'd keep and wouldn't keep!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

This thread shouldn't be happening until after the play offs, not right!  Just support your play off final team, there's the whole close season for saying who you'd keep and wouldn't keep!!!!

You are right it shouldn't have been started, but someone couldn't help themselves. 

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Pretty much every exciting moment this season has come from Heeps at Foxhall, he’s brilliant to watch and for me that’s what you pay your money for. For that reason alone he’d be in my team. 

King is also worth including because of his value at home. He’s reached his level of course and more than likely won’t increase his average, but it more than likely won’t drop either. 

It’s vitally important you are strong at home if you have ambitions of the play offs so those two make sense to retain. 

Other than those two I’m not going to name names as that’s unfair going in to a play off final, but looking at the current team I’d personally try and retain nearly all of them except one, possibly two of the current septet. 

You are right actually, the entertainment part hadn't crossed my mind. Without Heeps we would have hardly seen anything entertaining at all at Foxhall.   A good reason for me to say, excellent point Arch, and an excellent reason for keeping him for next season. You have changed my mind. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I would pass on Heeps for next season, unless his average drops some more. He has had a great year, but I don't see him having a better one next year in the main team, so to me that's a wasted average, Covatti would prob up his and its way lower. Allen I would defo have back, he has plenty of improvement left in him

I only see improvement in Nico riding at reserve, in the main team not consistent enough. Heeps far stronger at home for me and would get the nod if it was either or.

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

That's why you try and build a team that would keep nico at reserve. 

So with that in mind certainly for a team around Ipswich it would make sense to have Heeps Allen and covatti all will clean up at reserve and hold their own in the team and ensure good a good reserve all season. 

Perhaps a revision to my initial suggestion swapping nuts for sarjeant would then fit?

looking at it differently however

i think the key is finding that rider or riders that have a breakout season and really improve like Swindon have with Rasmus and we have had with Heeps and Allen, and maybe to a lesser extent for wolves Douglas 

Potential breakout candidates for next season in my opinion (in no particular order)

luke becker

Krystian pieszczek 

ryan douglas

josh pickering

broc nicol

ellis perks

Jordan Stewart 

all of these boys potentially have at least a 2pt increase in them next season with the correct attitude and equipment

Other new riders I’d think should be considered would be Charles Wright and Eric Riss, Charles appears to be on the up and Riss goes great guns at Foxhall, Musielak, batchelor and Ellis also good at Foxhall and Swindon can’t keep all their top 5!

jonas jeppesen the young Dane has had a very decent season on the continent this year and looks a real racer could be a potential trump card at reserve - if we managed to keep niels for a full season next year too then that would be helpful for him learning English tracks to come over and learn from a top Dane 

I'm not having a dig at the club or the trackman when I say this, but Foxhall is a track that it can be hard to pass on consistently, so we don't want too many poor gaters. I think that's why we did good away, the riders could pass. Just look how klindt and josh kept Poole in it at Foxhall, cos they gate. 

Would love us to keep Niels next season

Start off with

Iversen 

Heeps 

King 

Allen

I think Riss would be a good shout as he does love our track but i cant see him leaving Lynn

Jordan Stewart or Broc Nicol would be worth a gamble as well

We could end up with Lawson again which wouldnt be awful but i think Harris will go 

Wouldnt mind seeing Nicholls back (apart from away trips to the bigger tracks)

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Would love us to keep Niels next season

Start off with

Iversen 

Heeps 

King 

Allen

I think Riss would be a good shout as he does love our track but i cant see him leaving Lynn

Jordan Stewart or Broc Nicol would be worth a gamble as well

We could end up with Lawson again which wouldnt be awful but i think Harris will go 

Wouldnt mind seeing Nicholls back (apart from away trips to the bigger tracks)

Gav can you really see NKI putting in a full UK season ?

The only reason he came back was because Torun were relegated (so season over)and he was not involved in SWE play off final so had time on his hands and lives mainly UK.

Now he has qualified for SGP 2020 I can't see him killing himself to do 4 leagues again plus the SGP. I reckon he is not comfortable with the smaller sched of POL/SWE/DK/SGP plus his normal DL Championship & SGP qualifiers to get into the SGP as he knows he will struggle to make the top 8. Would like to see him back in UK but can only see it late in season at best.

As for Jordan Stewart - Hey mate he was my idea as an under the radar promising possibility for Poole. Having said that with the latest from Ford on the parlous situation the clubs future maybe you should snap him up :D