British Speedway Forum

don't think that Iversen will be ridding in Britain next year now he is in the  G P in 2020.      Perhaps he might do as he said early this year    will come  and help  if Lynn get into the top 4 as I think he would have done this season.

Some observations since the changes to the team. Niels and Sarj combined scores....
Home
15  from 9
14 from 8
14 from 8
9 from 8

Total 52 from 33 ... ave 6.30

Away
9 from 9
7 from 8
6 from 6

Total 22 from 23... ave 3.83 :blink:

That a combined score for 2 riders of

74 from 53 ave 5.58. That's for 2 riders inc the no 1:shock:

• Like 1

I'd give young Kemp the number 7 Spot retain Allen and bring back Covatti open minded about Heeps. 

We need a couple to reliable gaters and a couple who can ride the inside and not just go for the Ben Howe line. 

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Some observations since the changes to the team. Niels and Sarj combined scores....
Home
15  from 9
14 from 8
14 from 8
9 from 8

Total 52 from 33 ... ave 6.30

Away
9 from 9
7 from 8
6 from 6

Total 22 from 23... ave 3.83 :blink:

That a combined score for 2 riders of

74 from 53 ave 5.58. That's for 2 riders inc the no 1:shock:

You mean 5.58 for each of them, which is about what you would expect: 8.58 for NKI and 2.58 for Sarjeant.

I think what he is saying is, did the changes make any difference? KP and Kennett would have probably averaged the same points wise. We will never know. 

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I think what he is saying is, did the changes make any difference? KP and Kennett would have probably averaged the same points wise. We will never know. 

Not sure they could have done much worse. NKI going through the tapes in heat 1 at Swindon was the end of any potential (however unlikely) Ipswich fight back however unlucky he was in the first leg.

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

I think Allen and Heeps have to be retained.

You will get the usual gobs on here talking about Cam away in the final but he is dynamite at home and thats all important.

I think King will be back but out of the 2 around similar average would rather have Lawson but rather neither.

Pretty obvious that neither Harris or Sarj will be back and unlikely that Niels will be either

1. ?

2. Nicholls 5.50

3. Heeps 6.37

4. Allen 5.56

5. Klindt 7.43

6. Covatti 5.27

7. ?

Leaves 12.37 for 2 riders

Fill in the blanks

1. Cook 7.82

2. Nicholls 5.50

3. King 6.83

4. Allen 5.56

5. Schlein 6.65

6. Covatti 5.27

7. Douglas 4.64

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Not sure they could have done much worse. NKI going through the tapes in heat 1 at Swindon was the end of any potential (however unlikely) Ipswich fight back however unlucky he was in the first leg.

NKI wasnt unlucky in the first leg?

7 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

He was leading both heats when they were stopped and rerun.  I'd consider that unlucky, that said for a rider of his calibre he should be scoring more at home.

22 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Of course he was unlucky but thats speedway

Leading 2 races that were both stopped is unlucky

To then go out and not make the gate in the re runs is poor i will give you that.............

15 minutes ago, Col said:

He was leading both heats when they were stopped and rerun.  I'd consider that unlucky, that said for a rider of his calibre he should be scoring more at home.

Dont see how you can say at home, When really Foxhall is more like an away track to NKI,  Peterborough or Lynn are more like home tracks to him

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Dont see how you can say at home, When really Foxhall is more like an away track to NKI,  Peterborough or Lynn are more like home tracks to him

He had a Witch on his chest, that makes it his home track regardless of how often he has ridden there.  More importantly he is not facing any riders who would consider themselves Foxhall their home track.

Edited by Col

Think NKI was poor rather than unlucky as I've said numerous times elsewhere if he can gate in the first running he can gate in the rerun, no excuses really. 

Bit like a penalty shootout well if I went the other way it would have gone in, or my team mate missed so I missed also but if his would of gone in etc. 

8 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Think NKI was poor rather than unlucky as I've said numerous times elsewhere if he can gate in the first running he can gate in the rerun, no excuses really. 

Bit like a penalty shootout well if I went the other way it would have gone in, or my team mate missed so I missed also but if his would of gone in etc. 

You are mixing up poor and unlucky

Unlucky to be leading 2 races that were stopped

Poor to then not make the gate in the re run

The only way its comparable to a penalty is if a player scores but then its asked to be re taken due to an encroachment and then missed.......unlucky that it had to be re taken and poor that he missed the second chance