British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Agree to an extent, he WAS disappointing if truth be told but on the other hand, we know he’s a quality rider and what he’s capable of. 

Maybe a full season and starting from the beginning we’d see the rider we all know? He also has an attractive average for a rider of his pedigree that he’d surely increase. 

We simply can’t go in to next season with Klindt and King as our heatleader duo, that has disaster written all over it. We’re gonna need another top end rider from somewhere and I personally think we’d be mad to turn Iversen down on an average over just over 7. 

Absolutely spot on correct in every way. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shrub said:

Don't quite get why so many want Iversen back. Rode nowhere near his true ability in his short time in Witches colours and to me was a disappointment. In the very unlikely event he was to come back to the UK it will be with perennial losers Lynn. 

Because he’s on an attractive average, because given a whole season he would almost certainly be better than he was for a few weeks this year. Because he is still a class act. 

Not sure if he is doing Sweden this year but if he is I don’t see him doing a full season here. As for Lynn my feeling is that we have moved on from Puk now and that the three heat leaders who finished the season for us will be ahead of Iversen in the queue for 2020. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

As for Lynn my feeling is that we have moved on from Puk now and that the three heat leaders who finished the season for us will be ahead of Iversen in the queue for 2020. 

Madness IMO. I like both Cook and Riss they’re very capable riders, but Iversen surely gets in over either of those two?

A heatleader trio of Lambert, Iversen and Cook would be the strongest in the league bar none. 

If Iversen decides to do a full season here and Lynn turn their noses up then I’d be both surprised and delighted if it meant he came back to Foxhall. 

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Agree to an extent, he WAS disappointing if truth be told but on the other hand, we know he’s a quality rider and what he’s capable of. 

Maybe a full season and starting from the beginning we’d see the rider we all know? He also has an attractive average for a rider of his pedigree that he’d surely increase. 

We simply can’t go in to next season with Klindt and King as our heatleader duo, that has disaster written all over it. We’re gonna need another top end rider from somewhere and I personally think we’d be mad to turn Iversen down on an average over just over 7. 

Pretty much agree with all of this!

i think anyone suggesting niels was a huge disappointment is perhaps being somewhat naive and had unrealistic expectations of what he’d do in just a short stint having not ridden in uk all year and crucially not having ridden the Foxhall track in years - did he get 14/15 every meeting no - did he win important races that the outgoing riders wouldn’t have done to give a better chance yes - did he have two races in the home leg of the grand final pulled back while leading only for the old favourite of the opposition to make great starts in the reruns yes! 

imo he showed his class at times and while I had hoped for a bit better he wasn’t far off and I would say I don’t think you would find a better rider on 7.54

45 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Madness IMO. I like both Cook and Riss they’re very capable riders, but Iversen surely gets in over either of those two?

A heatleader trio of Lambert, Iversen and Cook would be the strongest in the league bar none. 

If Iversen decides to do a full season here and Lynn turn their noses up then I’d be both surprised and delighted if it meant he came back to Foxhall. 

Ever considered maybe Niels would prefer to ride for Ipswich or another team rather than kings lynn!? You make it sound like if he rides here it’s up to kings lynn where that might be and not Niels!!?? Are far as I’m aware he’s not even a kings lynn asset 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Ever considered maybe Niels would prefer to ride for Ipswich or another team rather than kings lynn!? You make it sound like if he rides here it’s up to kings lynn where that might be and not Niels!!?? Are far as I’m aware he’s not even a kings lynn asset 

I was responding to Bagpuss on his point that Lynn would prioritise Lambert, Cook and Riss over Iversen, more than where Iversen would prefer to go. 

On your point, if it comes down to the choice of the rider then yes I think he’d choose Lynn over us if Lynn were an option for him. Always seemed very settled and happy at Lynn to me. 

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I was responding to Bagpuss on his point that Lynn would prioritise Lambert, Cook and Riss over Iversen, more than where Iversen would prefer to go. 

On your point, if it comes down to the choice of the rider then yes I think he’d choose Lynn over us if Lynn were an option for him. Always seemed very settled and happy at Lynn to me. 

Why not have all four Lambert Cook Iversen and Riss 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1984Star said:

Why not have all four Lambert Cook Iversen and Riss 

Because we would have the longest and worst tail in the history of speedway! 

Iversen seemed to have some issues with the Lynn track in 2018, didn’t look particularly comfortable on it towards the end of the season and compared to Cook and Riss is no spring chicken. If Lynn went for Puk rather than Riss I think it would eat up too many points and in any case I’d like to see Cook back, he had a pretty good year last year and I’d like to see what he can do over a full season. 

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Because we would have the longest and worst tail in the history of speedway! 

Iversen seemed to have some issues with the Lynn track in 2018, didn’t look particularly comfortable on it towards the end of the season and compared to Cook and Riss is no spring chicken. If Lynn went for Puk rather than Riss I think it would eat up too many points and in any case I’d like to see Cook back, he had a pretty good year last year and I’d like to see what he can do over a full season. 

Not that it would happen but think this team would walk the league.

Would like to see

Robert Lambert    7.81
Craig Cook            7.78
Niels k Iversen     7.54
Erik Riss                6.61
Ryan Douglas       4.66
Broc Nichol           4.00
Jonas Jeppersen 4.00

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I like bagpuss didn’t think niels had the best time of it at lynn in 2018 and seemed less and less happy on their track whereas he seemed instantly pretty comfortable on the Ipswich track and really truly most of his dropped points were from the starts - understandable as the material being so different over here getting the set up perfect for getting out of the traps dialled in often takes a few meetings at the start of the season

5 hours ago, 1984Star said:

Not that it would happen but think this team would walk the league.

Would like to see

Robert Lambert    7.81
Craig Cook            7.78
Niels k Iversen     7.54
Erik Riss                6.61
Ryan Douglas       4.66
Broc Nichol           4.00
Jonas Jeppersen 4.00

I take it, that's the KL team you'd like, not the witches :wink::lol:

• Like 3

Wouldn't mind seeing

1. Iversen

2. Allen

3. Schlein

4. Heeps

5. Klindt

6. Covatti

7. Stewart 

Although this is probably the 50th team I've put together 

Edited by Falcon1983

An on form iversen can win you meetings away on that average. He will have a few disappointing meetings as riders with an average under 8 can do but he isn't a home track rider. He can turn up to most tracks and score 13/15 points if he's on form beating anybody. His sub 8 pont average wasn't because he is a home track rider he's a rider who could win a team the league with the right riders around him

11 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Pretty much agree with all of this!

i think anyone suggesting niels was a huge disappointment is perhaps being somewhat naive and had unrealistic expectations of what he’d do in just a short stint having not ridden in uk all year and crucially not having ridden the Foxhall track in years - did he get 14/15 every meeting no - did he win important races that the outgoing riders wouldn’t have done to give a better chance yes - did he have two races in the home leg of the grand final pulled back while leading only for the old favourite of the opposition to make great starts in the reruns yes! 

Not naive or unrealistic at all.  He is a world class GP rider and as such should have had no problems at all scoring big points from day one, especially when considering the standard he was racing against. If you're saying that a short stint, lack of racing in the UK and unfamiliarity of Foxhall meant that his scores were always going to be lower than what could be expected then what was the point of the switch? It was a bold move by Ipswich which I fully applaud but it wasn't as successful as hoped, he didn't live up to expectations.

That said, fully agree that he would be a bargain on that average, just can't see him doing the UK next year.

• Like 1

NKI is getting on now. The bloke ain't skint, don't really need the money. He is as good away as he is at home. That's the good thing.  He's a good HT13 and 15 man, home or away. He wont average more than 8, but he seems to deliver when it matters.