British Speedway Forum

If Tobias Musielak is one of the riders that Swindon release which has been rumoured he'd be a good signing for Ipswich on a 6.21 average.

12 hours ago, NickH114 said:

If Tobias Musielak is one of the riders that Swindon release which has been rumoured he'd be a good signing for Ipswich on a 6.21 average.

Swindon will only release him if he is not doing the UK

However I guess £££ does talk and a bit of UK sponsorship from Tru7 might well swing it

so if its do-able how about

1.  Iversen 7.54

2. Allen 5.56

3. Schlein 6.65

4. Heeps 6.37

5. Musielak 6.21

6. Covatti 5.27

7. Douglas 4.66

leaves 0.24

so could replace King with Schlein, however King was really poor at the back end of last season perhaps Schlein would be a bit more consistent home and away

kyle howarth could be a decent 2nd string i see wolves are releasing him

1 minute ago, chun said:

kyle howarth could be a decent 2nd string i see wolves are releasing him

Signed for Sheffield.

43 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Swindon will only release him if he is not doing the UK

However I guess £££ does talk and a bit of UK sponsorship from Tru7 might well swing it

so if its do-able how about

1.  Iversen 7.54

2. Allen 5.56

3. Schlein 6.65

4. Heeps 6.37

5. Musielak 6.21

6. Covatti 5.27

7. Douglas 4.66

leaves 0.24

so could replace King with Schlein, however King was really poor at the back end of last season perhaps Schlein would be a bit more consistent home and away

Come on,,,, ya know King will be in the team, even if there are other options that may be better 

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Come on,,,, ya know King will be in the team, even if there are other options that may be better 

Sadly, you're right.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Which unfortunately isn't the way I think a sports team should be run, but it isn't mine, so they can do whatever they want. 

It will be interesting to see if off the back of a super season Ipswich's ambition matches that of Sheffield. 

1 hour ago, Spl77 said:

It will be interesting to see if off the back of a super season Ipswich's ambition matches that of Sheffield. 

If NP rides a full season, he is one of the few who will put bums on seats at every stadia Sheffield visit in the U.K.. A great signing for the club and someone who you can really look forward to visiting Foxhall which is something that has been sadly missing from the UK scene. If only Ipswich could sign Jarek or similar and take it up to another level to the success of last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

If NP rides a full season, he is one of the few who will put bums on seats at every stadia Sheffield visit in the U.K.. A great signing for the club and someone who you can really look forward to visiting Foxhall which is something that has been sadly missing from the UK scene. If only Ipswich could sign Jarek or similar and take it up to another level to the success of last year.

Hat,s of to sheffield great signing will bring in a big crowd to foxhall, let's hope the witches management take a leaf out of sheffeild's book,i don't think so somehow alway's leave it too late. Be interesting to see how doyley get on when he comes up against nicky pedersen.

Hypothetical team suggestion - if we imagine a world where actually King isn't at Ipswich next season and stays at Sheffield.

Bjerre 7.75

Allen 5.56

Klindt 7.43

Heeps 6.30

Niels 7.54

Jeppesen 4.00

Stewart 3.82

42.40 no brits which would be a shame but would be a serious force imo - both klindt and bjerre were absolutely superb at foxhall this season as visiting riders.

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

Hypothetical team suggestion - if we imagine a world where actually King isn't at Ipswich next season and stays at Sheffield.

Bjerre 7.75

Allen 5.56

Klindt 7.43

Heeps 6.30

Niels 7.54

Jeppesen 4.00

Stewart 3.82

42.40 no brits which would be a shame but would be a serious force imo - both klindt and bjerre were absolutely superb at foxhall this season as visiting riders.

Nice Aussie and Danish combo. Like that.

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Bjerre 7.75

Allen 5.56

Klindt 7.43

Heeps 6.30

Niels 7.54

Jeppesen 4.00

Stewart 3.82

If you leave Danny out, a lot of table topping teams could be put together 

41 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

If you leave Danny out, a lot of table topping teams could be put together 

Agree, and I’m not anti Danny king, he’s been a loyal servant and ridden well for us over the years but the truth is Danny is what he is a solid 3/4th best rider in the team that year or year averages 6.5-7, there isn’t the potentially to suddenly take a leap and he’s not quite good enough against the real top boys in big races on big meetings consistently.

The size of his average at 6.83 stifles the opportunity to bring another strong rider at the top and or strong reserves at the bottom end