British Speedway Forum

The Ayres “signing” is a strange one if that’s the case Baldyman. That tells me they already have, or are confident of getting the number 1 they want. 

My guess is Ayres is pencilled in rather than a guaranteed starter, depending on whether that top rider can be found. Hopefully someone who went to the AGM tonight will ask that question and let us know. 

I'm with you,,,, Danny Ipswich are thinking of building a team one of 2 ways, would you be interested if we go one of those ways. 

Think that covers it.  The grapevine is saying no top number 1,, so,,, Mmmmm, what other riders would ride for us and they haven't fallen out with. 

Please move us back down where we can be a bigger fish. 

Please Harris come back, now you have had your op and your average is okay, please stay

Is that you hearing on the Grapevine Baldyman from AGM,that we are not bringing in a Number 1,if so,that's very disappointing

1 hour ago, siggysigalos said:

Is that you hearing on the Grapevine Baldyman from AGM,that we are not bringing in a Number 1,if so,that's very disappointing

We will have a No1 - it will be whichever one of the 7 riders signed has the highest average ;)

The Witches will be competitive either with 'a big hitter' or a balanced approach. Whatever will be will be - bring it on!

• Like 1

I think a balanced team will give us our best opportunity with the riders we know will feature, and with a rider like klindt winning races from the gate. 

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I think a balanced team will give us our best opportunity with the riders we know will feature, and with a rider like klindt winning races from the gate. 

True and if the holder rumours come to fruition and he’s on 7.16 with klindt on 7.43 it’s not the strongest top two but still pretty decent and still allows for stronger reserves

• Like 1

So we get given 2 rider announcements that everyone already knew anyway, how long do we have to wait for more announcements? We all know King will be back so just announce it

I'm gonna hazard two guesses,,, one being they only have 6 riders so are buying time, and 2, they think people find it exciting, oh and number 3,,its gets the name in the paper over a few weeks. 

Did anybody manage to attend the supporters club agm last night? Any enlightening news to impart??

5 hours ago, 89buttons said:

True and if the holder rumours come to fruition and he’s on 7.16 with klindt on 7.43 it’s not the strongest top two but still pretty decent and still allows for stronger reserves

Not convinced Holder would be any good at Ipswich, he doesn't like small tracks, ask any Wolves fan.

I disagree, good riders can adapt to any tracks or conditions. I have seen Holder fly round lakeside on more than one occasion. Also everyone seems to manage to ride Foxhall these days.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cuckootoyou said:

I disagree, good riders can adapt to any tracks or conditions. I have seen Holder fly round lakeside on more than one occasion. Also everyone seems to manage to ride Foxhall these days.

Maybe it's just Monmore he doesn't like:D

12 minutes ago, cuckootoyou said:

And Holders ever declining average in the UK tells it’s own story too. Holder never liked Monmore despite him having the odd decent meeeting there. His general demeanour was he didn’t even want to try. That’s the mark of a rider who has poor attitude than anything else. 

The likes of Holder and KK have poor UK averages from a time when the standard of the league wasn’t strong as well.

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Not convinced Holder would be any good at Ipswich, he doesn't like small tracks, ask any Wolves fan.

I’ve see Chris Holder fly around Foxhall in the past, Foxhall is also pretty different shape to monmore