British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Iversen came in cold for a handful of fixtures.

And? He is a GP rider with years of experience in the UK, more than most. Probably only Doyle of the best riders has more UK experience.

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

He was poor last time with Poole, a club he is meant to be the only club he wants to ride for. He had been in steady decline during his time in the UK 2 seasons ago. Of course if he really wanted to come back to prove a point then he would be a good bet because he has had the ability in the past.

Think the point is 7.16 isn’t a figure you’d call expensive for a rider of his calibre. Whether you think he’d increase it or not is up for debate and I personally think he’d push that up towards the 8 mark, but you certainly wouldn’t call him a poor signing on such a figure. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Think the point is 7.16 isn’t a figure you’d call expensive for a rider of his calibre. Whether you think he’d increase it or not is up for debate and I personally think he’d push that up towards the 8 mark, but you certainly wouldn’t call him a poor signing on such a figure. 

Certainly not a poor signing. Always worth a punt on those numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, stevebrum said:

And? He is a GP rider with years of experience in the UK, more than most. Probably only Doyle of the best riders has more UK experience.

Did he have the right bikes, engines and mechanics and how much practice did he have at Foxhall?

Only Leigh Adams in recent times could be guaranteed double points at every track. Even Doyle throws in a few 8 point stinkers now and again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, acef said:

Think easily is an overstatement.

He'd be in and around that figure.

Okay I don't think easy easy, but sort of easy.  It's very unlikely to go down. It's most likely to go up. 

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’d agree, he wouldn’t be a poor signing for any club. Just the commitment the issue.

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Did he have the right bikes, engines and mechanics and how much practice did he have at Foxhall?

Only Leigh Adams in recent times could be guaranteed double points at every track. Even Doyle throws in a few 8 point stinkers now and again.

As discussed know one has more experience of British tracks than Iversen. You have a point regards Foxhall tho.

home average 8.73, away 5.60. So Foxhall wasn’t the issue.

looking at his 2019 stats in full for Ipswich. Home average 8.00 from 4 matches. Away average 5.43 from 3 matches.

His 7 match Ipswich average (all competitions) is 6.97.

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Yet Iversen dropped from 7.87 in 2017 to 7.54 in 2019.

International averages have little to do with UK form which is more the point I’m making. 

Riders certainly don’t put the same priority to their UK racing as they do abroad which is evidenced by some of the most recent top line riders UK averages. (Holder, Iversen, KK, Zagar)

Iversen didn't do the UK in 2017.

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Iversen didn't do the UK in 2017.

Apologies. 2018.

13 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Apologies. 2018.

Finished on a 7.38 average in 2018:wink:

10 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Finished on a 7.38 average in 2018:wink:

Yep edited. Which changes the information. :wink:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Yep edited. Which changes the information. :wink:

You forgot to change the 2017 to 2018.:rolleyes::wink:

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You forgot to change the 2017 to 2018.:rolleyes::wink:

Must pay attention :wink:;)

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

How long are people going to keep using that as an excuse? It could be that all those issues have caused the steady decline of a world class rider (which wouldn’t be surprising).

He still performs to a decent standard abroad but it’s been clear his UK form for years has been at best chequered with commitment issues.

Hardly an excuse but real reasons!! I don't get what commitment issues you mean? He was due to start as a second string on 7.16 for Poole last season until the visa issue stopped him.

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Hardly an excuse but real reasons!! I don't get what commitment issues you mean? He was due to start as a second string on 7.16 for Poole last season until the visa issue stopped him.

Don’t understand why an ex World champion has so many problems getting visa?. Has he been in trouble with the police?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2