British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Holder would easily improve on that average, okay he isn't world champ material  currently,,, but he is only 32, plenty of miles left in the tank. 

But how much has he  in the head for cold nights and indifferent tracks;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Isn't it common knowledge to why visa is hard to come by. 

No. Wondered for ages.. Whats he done??

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Don’t understand why an ex World champion has so many problems getting visa?. Has he been in trouble with the police?

I've asked before, but no reply. I don't know either. I have my take, but might be way off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Hardly an excuse but real reasons!! I don't get what commitment issues you mean? He was due to start as a second string on 7.16 for Poole last season until the visa issue stopped him.

Agree they are real reasons,  which to me says he probably is well past his best.

He seemed to go missing in meetings when the conditions or track didn’t suit him plus of course he was hardly committed to Kings Lynn.

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No. Wondered for ages.. Whats he done??

Ditto. Some seem to think it’s common knowledge. Seems odd that it isn’t common knowledge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Agree they are real reasons,  which to me says he probably is well past his best.

He seemed to go missing in meetings when the conditions or track didn’t suit him plus of course he was hardly committed to Kings Lynn.

Ditto. Some seem to think it’s common knowledge. Seems odd that it isn’t common knowledge.

We where the only ones that would have him after the silly team building averages came out. Ford dropped his main man like a stone.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Don’t understand why an ex World champion has so many problems getting visa?. Has he been in trouble with the police?

Nothing to do with police. Let's simply say there was an unfortunate error with his visa application paperwork 2 years ago at a time when his off track issues were at their peak and the visa authorities would not allow him to reapply for a minimum of 2 years. He tried to get a different (restricted) visa last year which would have allowed him to work here but that was also turned down. All should be ok now but any application now will be treated along with any other. The fact he is an ex World Champ carries  no weight at all. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

So are we thinking Holder coming in alongside Klint Nicholls and Covatti? 

No Nicholls,,, he's on the naughty list 

Obviously Holder depends on visa application I would have thought, but that's what the jungle drums are saying in my local boozer. 

Klindt King Heeps Allen Holder covatti Ayres 

Obviously something different if no Holder. 

Edited by Baldyman

14 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

No Nicholls,,, he's on the naughty list 

Obviously Holder depends on visa application I would have thought, but that's what the jungle drums are saying in my local boozer. 

Klindt King Heeps Allen Holder covatti Ayres 

Obviously something different if no Holder. 

Why is Nicholls on the naughty list? He has guested for us several times in recent seasons? 

4 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Why is Nicholls on the naughty list? He has guested for us several times in recent seasons? 

Because he’s naughty, but nice.   :)

4 hours ago, Spl77 said:

He may be off the list now for this year though..... 

Perhaps they can forget Klindt and go with

1. Holder 

2. Heeps 

3. Harris

4. Allen 

5.King 

6. Covatti 

7. Nicholls