British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, B.V 72 said:

Don't under estimate Lidsey in his last 3 home meetings his scores were 11 + 2, 15 + 3, 13 + 1.Beating Batchelor twice Jensen twice Masters, Cook and R Lambert.This young man is very much on his way up.If he continues his improvement we could have Worrall as our reserve considering you class him as part of a strong top 5 I think we might do ok next season.

For me, that strength in depth Ipswich team would pick up more points away than BV, who have possibly four inconsistent away riders at every track.

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

For me, that strength in depth Ipswich team would pick up more points away than BV, who have possibly four inconsistent away riders at every track.

You only need token points on the road DC, and that BV team is more than strong enough to do that.

The key is your home form and that 7 will go very well around BV.

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

All about opinions and mine is that we have a team of potential improvers Wright seams to be on an upward path, I think that Kurtz will improve with Belle vue as his home track, Lidsey as mentioned. Bewley was looking more like his old self towards the end of the season after his horrific injury and back on path, Worrall  so I hear has just had the metal removed from his leg which could have been the cause of his poorer form last season.If and I say if all this comes together we have a very well balanced team but time will tell which one of us is right.

So Swindon will score more through heat leaders, Ipswich more at reserve,,, so that leaves middle order,,, jensen and Ellis,,,, King and Heeps,,,,,,,,, boom,,,, looks like 2,,,1 to Swindon. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

.........in the Championship 

You don't know your team yet! I would rather have those 3 than Proctor, TJ and Kerr

Edited by foreverblue

7 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

All about opinions and mine is that we have a team of potential improvers Wright seams to be on an upward path, I think that Kurtz will improve with Belle vue as his home track, Lidsey as mentioned. Bewley was looking more like his old self towards the end of the season after his horrific injury and back on path, Worrall  so I hear has just had the metal removed from his leg which could have been the cause of his poorer form last season.If and I say if all this comes together we have a very well balanced team but time will tell which one of us is right.

Lots of variables there but I agree.

I expect all those named above will improve their averages 

The biggest variable for me is PK. If he gets back to anything like his old self we have pulled a cracker and I think we will be the strongest team in the league.

If he doesn't then that's another story.

1 hour ago, acef said:

BV will cover it better. Despite the quality of the top 5 we have much better reserves this time. Better than Swindon and Sheffield imo.

Most teams will have better reserves than Swindon and Sheffield, I feel they are too top heavy,  reserves are very important and you need at least one good one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You don't know your team yet!

You're right, and by no means impressed so far either, with 2 rider's announced that should have been nowhere near being the 7. 

It's been made clear after the supporters meeting last night as to why Jorgensen been recalled. With Dale becoming part of Jorgensen's 'team' it makes his selection a little to friendly for my liking, not for the benefit of King's Lynn

Edited by Daniel Smith

16 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're right, and by no means impressed so far either, with 2 rider's announced that should have been nowhere near being the 7. 

It's been made clear after the supporters meeting last night as to why Jorgensen been recalled. With Dale becoming part of Jorgensen's 'team' it makes his selection a little to friendly for my liking, not for the benefit of King's Lynn

Jorgensen is in the team because he scores well and entertains at hone, simple as that. They obviously believe he will pull his finger out away from home but I’m far from convinced.,

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I understand that Kings Lynn like some other teams are keeping riders from last season with a view to help fans relate to their team and promote continuity but normally it is about riders improving and can't see that happening with Kerr and TJ.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Most teams will have better reserves than Swindon and Sheffield, I feel they are too top heavy,  reserves are very important and you need at least one good one.

But Swindon fans love Ellis Perks because he always chases so hard and nearly gets a point!  :)

Ducks.

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

But Swindon fans love Ellis Perks because he always chases so hard and nearly gets a point!  :)

Ducks.

Actually, a lot of us like Ellis because he does score points, often the ones "he shouldn't". But hey, three league tiles and two cup winners' medals in the same season sort of says something. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Actually, a lot of us like Ellis because he does score points, often the ones "he shouldn't". But hey, three league tiles and two cup winners' medals in the same season sort of says something. 

I like him too, but not as the 3.57 senior reserve. That’s the only point I’m making. Hopefully on better equipment he can step up.

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Swindon will be good in 13 & 15 but would have Perks/Stewart against Nicholls/Covatti/Allen/Heeps in heats 12 and 14, so 3-3s might be the best they could hope for.

I can’t see Rowe picking up any points away from home and Swindon will concede a lot of heat advantages in heats 2 & 8 (and possibly in 4, 12 & 14)

Let’s face it, from the riders available, no one, can match Swindon’s top three or four, so building with strength in depth is far better than trying to compete with the same strategy but having weaker riders.

I think the teams that have gone for strong top fives, Belle Vue and Sheffield, will be more exposed when one of their riders has an off night.

That Ipswich team looks like it could cover two riders having an off night and I think it’s the best way to go, making them joint favourites with Swindon.

what will happen when one of swindon's top 5 has bad night more exposed than b/vue Aces reserves far better !!

17 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

what will happen when one of swindon's top 5 has bad night more exposed than b/vue Aces reserves far better !!

What will happen ? Swindon will only score 50 instead of 60 :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1