British Speedway Forum

What happens when it's confirmed that Killer is really a load of dog turd now,    Lidsey though will be a world star

Welcome to the Witches Nicolai, I just hope you don't lose your gating gloves, you'll need them at Foxhall mate! 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I understand that Kings Lynn like some other teams are keeping riders from last season with a view to help fans relate to their team and promote continuity but normally it is about riders improving and can't see that happening with Kerr and TJ.

I agree with continuity of riders but not riders who are not good and who are unlikely to improve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Ipswich don't need a No.1 and neither do Peterborough. Only 2 legit No.1's in this league Doyle & R. Lambert. 

I take it you forgot about Pedersen? :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I take it you forgot about Pedersen? :rolleyes:

Nope. See Peterborough thread. I don't think he will be as good as people think. 8 year hiatus, Multiple big injuries, No longer in his prime. Reputation doesn't mean anything in any sport.

Also contemplated retirement after one of those serious big injuries. 

Edited by Rockstar99
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Nope. See Peterborough thread. I don't think he will be as good as people think. 8 year hiatus, Multiple big injuries, No longer in his prime. Reputation doesn't mean anything in any sport.

Spot on,,,, great to have him here,,, but he won't be all that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

What will happen ? Swindon will only score 50 instead of 60 :P

yeah right we will see !!

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

What happens when it's confirmed that Killer is really a load of dog turd now,    Lidsey though will be a world star

he will be replaced with bjerre simple !!

Just now, geoff58 said:

yeah right we will see !!

Lighten up fella - it was a joke :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Lighten up fella - it was a joke :rolleyes:

we can all see that :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

we can all see that :rolleyes:

They will only get 48 :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Makes no difference in the big scheme of things Pedersen signing in the UK is a massive coup and only strengthens that genuine list to 3, 4 if you add in Kildemand.

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Makes no difference in the big scheme of things Pedersen signing in the UK is a massive coup and only strengthens that genuine list to 3, 4 if you add in Kildemand.

On the commercial side of things it's the biggest signing no doubt about it. But that doesn't count for anything on the track. 

On the track I think Nicki will have his work cut out to end 2020 with an average over 8.00. Nicki P is much like Chris Holder. With every passing year his standard is dropping. Injuries are to play a big part in that. 

Nicki P is a man who carries a big reputation but if you are to judge him on the here and now the picture tells a whole different story.

Sheffield have signed a Speedway legend with a big reputation but they have also signed a man that's well past his best day's.

The Nicki P they have signed isn't the same man putting in a strong world championship challenge.

The Nicki P they have signed is a man who is no longer in his prime, a man who has contemplated retirement, a man who has Lost his GP place, a man who has had numerous big injury problems over the last few years and a man who has sat out British Speedway for 8 years. 

2 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

On the commercial side of things it's the biggest signing no doubt about it. But that doesn't count for anything on the track. 

On the track I think Nicki will have his work cut out to end 2020 with an average over 8.00. Nicki P is much like Chris Holder. With every passing year his standard is dropping. Injuries are to play a big part in that. 

Nicki P is a man who carries a big reputation but if you are to judge him on the here and now the picture tells a whole different story.

Sheffield have signed a Speedway legend with a big reputation but they have also signed a man that's well past his best day's.

The Nicki P they have signed isn't the same man putting in a strong world championship challenge.

The Nicki P they have signed is a man who is no longer in his prime, a man who has contemplated retirement, a man who has Lost his GP place, a man who has had numerous big injury problems over the last few years and a man who has sat out British Speedway for 8 years. 

Yet has continued to be at the higher end of the averages in Poland despite that decline. 

I cant believe I’m defending a rider I detest. 

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Yet has continued to be at the higher end of the averages in Poland despite that decline. 

I cant believe I’m defending a rider I detest. 

I can believe it.

You would defend Nicola Sturgeon when taking part in a debate with me.

• Haha 1