British Speedway Forum

Speedway is a business. Nicki will bring people through the turnstiles home and away. 

He's controversial, makes waves, makes stories.

And, he's damn nice bloke, who I would have round for tea any day you like.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

Speedway is a business. Nicki will bring people through the turnstiles home and away. 

Not denying that.

26 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Not denying that.

I am a frequent visitor to Lynn. Will I plan to go when Sheffield are there? You bet. 

Will also try and see Nicki in full flight at Owlerton.

Jason Doyle is now probably the better rider but when it comes to box office, Nicki wins hands down.

Edited by Richard Weston
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I am a frequent visitor to Lynn. Will I plan to go when Sheffield are there? You bet. 

Jason Doyle is now probably the better rider but when it comes to bob office, Nicki wins hands down.

I agree. 

13 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Jason Doyle is now probably the better rider but when it comes to bob office, Nicki wins hands down.

Ahh but will you come to Foxhall??:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Badge said:

Ahh but will you come to Foxhall??:rolleyes:

Now that is dangerous territory for a Lynn man.

Will I dare go to 'enemy' territory?

Used to be a Foxhole regular when I lived in south Norfolk but I was still a Norfolk boy, so in those days it was anyone but Ippo. 

Will see how fixtures pan out but Foxhall was usually a painful day out for the Stars.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, acef said:

Lots of variables there but I agree.

I expect all those named above will improve their averages 

The biggest variable for me is PK. If he gets back to anything like his old self we have pulled a cracker and I think we will be the strongest team in the league.

If he doesn't then that's another story.

Agree Kildermand,s form will make or break the team.If he is poor we all live in hope that Bjerre,s average fits and wants to return to the club when he is ready to return to the British league.

11 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

He doesn't seem a nice bloke on the track! Also i imagine there are many riders who wouldn't ask him round for tea! 

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He doesn't seem a nice bloke on the track! Also i imagine there are many riders who wouldn't ask him round for tea! 

I don't disagree with you about the on track.

He is ferocious when racing but I found when he was at Eastbourne that Nicki was a perfect gentleman once racing stopped.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Yet has continued to be at the higher end of the averages in Poland despite that decline. 

I cant believe I’m defending a rider I detest. 

I don't see it as defending the rider you detest, more pointing out what a ridiculous post you are replying to.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I don't disagree with you about the on track.

He is ferocious when racing but I found when he was at Eastbourne that Nicki was a perfect gentleman once racing stopped.

I  spoke to him once at Swindon and he autographed  both my lads books and was a really nice bloke.He was rushing off to another meeting as well  but the funny thing was i know they had there little skirmish but Greg Hancock was exactly the same a really nice guy time to speak and had real time for the supporters.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

I can believe it.

You would defend Nicola Sturgeon when taking part in a debate with me.

She would make more sense yes I agree.

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

I don't see it as defending the rider you detest, more pointing out what a ridiculous post you are replying to.

Well that’s it in a nutshell. :drink: