British Speedway Forum

26 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not bad for a gating tart who can’t pass :P

Yeah but it was only Danny!! :D;)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I  spoke to him once at Swindon and he autographed  both my lads books and was a really nice bloke.He was rushing off to another meeting as well  but the funny thing was i know they had there little skirmish but Greg Hancock was exactly the same a really nice guy time to speak and had real time for the supporters.

My experience exactly and also with Greg. 

Nicki was also in a rush at Eastbourne to get away to airport hotel before heading to Poland. But he was fine – hence the tea and cakes on me!

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I  spoke to him once at Swindon and he autographed  both my lads books and was a really nice bloke.He was rushing off to another meeting as well  but the funny thing was i know they had there little skirmish but Greg Hancock was exactly the same a really nice guy time to speak and had real time for the supporters.

You would expect Greg to be like that, Greg is a gentleman and like most riders always has time for the fans but I doubt he has much time for Nicki!!

41 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You would expect Greg to be like that, Greg is a gentleman and like most riders always has time for the fans but I doubt he has much time for Nicki!!

I was a huge Crump ( jnr fan i  should be ashamed Leigh!!!) and Gollob so resented Nicki winning three titles.Now I appreciate just how much he achieved ok not always in the right way but were Fundin, Briggs,Ivan, Ole a bit naughty over the years do you sometimes need that little bit extra to be a winner.? Can't wait to see Nicki ride again spice our league up your point about Greg spot on a really nice guy.

Edited by Sidney the robin

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I was a huge Crump ( jnr fan i  should be ashamed Leigh!!!) and Gollob so resented Nicki winning three titles.Now I appreciate just how much he achieved ok not always in the right way but were Fundin, Briggs,Ivan, Ole a bit naughty over the years do you sometimes need that little bit extra to be a winner.? Can't wait to see Nicki ride again spice our league up your point about Greg spot on a really nice guy.

I agree I can't wait until Nicki spices up our league again, no wonder Kenny Bjerre doesn't want to ride here next season!!

53 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I agree I can't wait until Nicki spices up our league again, no wonder Kenny Bjerre doesn't want to ride here next season!!

He's not spicing up your league again - as you are in the Championship :wink:

• Haha 2

The standard of the Premiership is nothing for Nicki to be concerned about, not many no1’s with 8pt averages.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I said our league not my league!

Semantics - "our" suggests that you are part of it - you're not!

Edited by Steve0

8 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Semantics - "our" suggests that you are part of it - you're not!

I am part of it as I support all speedway not just the league my own team are in. No doubt be visiting Wiltshire next season with my discounted ticket!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Fundin was before my time but Briggs and Olsen were both fairly robust on first corners, Mauger was only very rarely beaten to the first corner being such a good trapper and was also very quick to pass when the opportunity arose which generally with constant pressure it invariably did.

Jason Crump was another who didn’t shy away from hard first corners.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Had to be a golfing gif didn't it! So that’s Dann....erm rider number 4 confirmed in the morning. 

Surely it should signing number FORE!!!

• Haha 1