British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

2019-12-18_19_00.52_compress48.thumb.jpg.77051c0f3b68a63e14662cced7e01345.jpg

You gotta love photoshop :D

Better than re-using the Poole video I suppose :P

• Haha 1

Can people tell me how other sports announce their teams players? 

Do Liverpool release a player every day or something like that 

Squad says largely the same year on year.. so when a new signing is announced its when contract has signed during a summer or winter transfer window

Still this drip feeding beats the old signing some one on press day because they look OK riding on their own. Franz Leiter and Caspar forjac spring to mind lol

13 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I  spoke to him once at Swindon and he autographed  both my lads books and was a really nice bloke.He was rushing off to another meeting as well  but the funny thing was i know they had there little skirmish but Greg Hancock was exactly the same a really nice guy time to speak and had real time for the supporters.

I also agree, Nicki was great with my three (well two as youngest wasn't the most sociable) and was showing them around his bikes, explaining everything to them. It was an absolute godsend as we had been queuing for hours for the world team cup and the boys were getting a tad antsy. 

I've got  another two riders to add to the list - Scott Nicholls was brilliant with my eldest although seeing him now would probably make Scott feel very old indeed (eldest was around 10 or 11 at the time, he's 26 now!) when eldest was out trick or treating and again whilst at the track. The final rider is Hans Andersen, one of the few people that youngest felt comfortable with. I'm not sure if Hans was aware of youngest's autism and his difficulties in social situations but he always took the time to come down to his level (and youngest was and still is, very very small) and talk to him, even though youngest would be away from the crowd and visibly struggling. One particular occasion was after the Ryan Sullivan meeting, youngest had just got into photography but was struggling a little with the noise in the after party/social, Hans picked him up (I held my breath when he did that as youngest hated to be 'handled' let alone picked up but he was all smiles...a very rare thing indeed at the time) and helped him to take a few photos which not only calmed him down but also gave me some welcome relief from the building stress!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, crazysue said:

I also agree, Nicki was great with my three (well two as youngest wasn't the most sociable) and was showing them around his bikes, explaining everything to them. It was an absolute godsend as we had been queuing for hours for the world team cup and the boys were getting a tad antsy. 

I've got  another two riders to add to the list - Scott Nicholls was brilliant with my eldest although seeing him now would probably make Scott feel very old indeed (eldest was around 10 or 11 at the time, he's 26 now!) when eldest was out trick or treating and again whilst at the track. The final rider is Hans Andersen, one of the few people that youngest felt comfortable with. I'm not sure if Hans was aware of youngest's autism and his difficulties in social situations but he always took the time to come down to his level (and youngest was and still is, very very small) and talk to him, even though youngest would be away from the crowd and visibly struggling. One particular occasion was after the Ryan Sullivan meeting, youngest had just got into photography but was struggling a little with the noise in the after party/social, Hans picked him up (I held my breath when he did that as youngest hated to be 'handled' let alone picked up but he was all smiles...a very rare thing indeed at the time) and helped him to take a few photos which not only calmed him down but also gave me some welcome relief from the building stress!

Great post Sue that is why thing's like this make Speedway such a great sport it is more than just winning and losing.Going out and having a nice day with your kids is something that stays with you forever.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3

Interestingly, the Speedway Star calculates that the four we’ve signed are 3.7 points more expensive combined than they would have been this time last year

Danny is part of the furniture and the springs haven't gone yet so good to see him still in the corner :)

• Like 1

Well that’s the four we all knew we’d signed, it’s the next three which will be interesting. I guess we won’t see anymore this side of Christmas. 

Considering they are selling season tickets at the stadium this Saturday it would be nice to know who we are going to be paying to watch next year ! 

I've always held back on buying one because they were not transferable and without fail I have to miss a couple of meetings a season. At least that's changed now but I want to know the team before I part with my hard earned cash. 

• Like 1

You can buy a season ticket until the day of the first meeting.  There is no early bird saving from what I can see.  

I know I won't turn up to a few meetings, so a book style would be handy

Welcome back Danny, we know exactly what we are getting from you. 

Edited by Baldyman