British Speedway Forum

Over a season I doubt there would be much difference between covatti and Nicholls with poss Scott slightly better at home but nico away. 

Plus I'm sure Chris pays a rate for your position in the team, and I doubt Scott would be racing for reserve money. 

Edited by Baldyman

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Over a season I doubt there would be much difference between covatti and Nicholls with poss Scott slightly better at home but nico away. 

Plus I'm sure Chris pays a rate for your position in the team, and I doubt Scott would be racing for reserve money. 

A rider with what is perceived to be a ‘bargain’ average might be quite happy to start the season riding for £y (<£x in the 1-5) when he can have a potential seven rides a meeting.

Edited by NeilWatson

Happy new decade witches fans, hope we are in for another good season  whatever the team in 2020 :drink:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Badge said:

Happy new decade witches fans, hope we are in for another good season  whatever the team in 2020 :drink:

New decade starts in 2021 :)

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Erm no it starts tomorrow

The first decade in the calendar was complete at the end of 10 CE, or 10 AD.
Which means, according to the Farmers' Almanac, that the end of this decade is December 31, 2020, not December 31, 2019. According to the astronomical dating system through which it measures time, the observatory stated that the new decade would begin on January 1, 2021.
We seem to have collectively determined that decades begin in years ending in zero and end on years ending in nine. 
Happy new decade to you all :)

Given that the 21st century started 1st Jan 2000 then 1st Jan 2020 has got to be the start of the new decade. 

2 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Given that the 21st century started 1st Jan 2000 then 1st Jan 2020 has got to be the start of the new decade. 

If you count to ten, do you start with 0 or 1 ? :)

Technically Blu is correct.

There was no year 0 AD. It went from 1 BC to 1 AD.

This calendar wasn't worked out till the 6th century mind you - folks in the BC era didn't know when/if Jesus was going to be born!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Technically Blu is correct.

There was no year 0 AD. It went from 1 BC to 1 AD.

This calendar wasn't worked out till the 6th century mind you - folks in the BC era didn't know when/if Jesus was going to be born!!

Happy New Year Scotsman - hope you're well :t:

44 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

If you count to ten, do you start with 0 or 1 ? :)

And those in Norfolk stop at 6 once they've used up the fingers on their left hand :P

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

And those in Norfolk stop at 6 once they've used up the fingers on their left hand :P

To be fair it’s a good job you guys don’t need to use your toes to count as the webs in between them must make it difficult :t:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Happy New Year Scotsman - hope you're well :t:

Thanks Taps - and a Guid New Year to you all too.

Doing as well as is possible in the bowels of Narf'k.;)

No speedway at all for me this past year - we are close-ish to Saddlebow Rd but I won't give my pennies to Chapman.

Enjoy the high life in the PL!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Only those born & bred in Norfolk, if you don't mind!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

To be fair it’s a good job you guys don’t need to use your toes to count as the webs in between them must make it difficult :t:

Seasons greetings Baggy :cheers:

• Like 1