British Speedway Forum

With all due respect to Doolan he is well past his best and isn’t even riding Championship speedway this year, not sure he is the way forward for anybody in the Premiership. Ayres is a very good gater and should do a decent job at the Foxhole. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally i would have gone for Doolan if he fitted points wise as he rode very well for Poole at Ipswich last season, you can't judge Ayres on one meeting in the British Final, he won't ride like that every week. 

It’s not just one meeting at British final though, he’s been on ippo radar for a while now having guested a few times and been superb giving his absolute all!

agree with taps this announcement suggests to me Chris holder will be getting his visa, otherwise would’ve likely been down the more strength in depth route with a stronger second reserve than Danny and a weaker rider than holder 

Edit: Doolan isn’t even riding full time this year is he!? As he’s started as a firefighter now

Edited by 89buttons

Suffolk rider for Suffolk club in Ayres.

You can't take your eyes of him when he is racing.

Good signing all round.

• Like 1

get in there Danny & well done Ipswich. Banging signing and long overdue. Effort, enthusiasm and once he is on top of the confidence wave points a plenty.

Welcome Danny.

If the remaining two are Holder and Covatti, then it should be an entertaining team which should be hard to beat at Foxhall.

I still have my concerns away from Foxhall but I thought that last season and was happy to be proved wrong in the main.

Great signing.  Suffolk boy who gives 100% on and off track. 
despite starting his career late Danny is still improving year on year. He is going to be hugely popular. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 2:59 PM, waytogo28 said:

As no-one has any idea who they could possibly be, lengthening the period of wait before disclosure will surely continue to excite the appetite of fans for the 2020 season to begin. Don't you think?

No of course not.......  lol......

41 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Welcome Danny.

If the remaining two are Holder and Covatti, then it should be an entertaining team which should be hard to beat at Foxhall.

I still have my concerns away from Foxhall but I thought that last season and was happy to be proved wrong in the main.

They are.....

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Can be little doubt all 7 are in place now as Danny would likely have been the one to change had a new direction been required....

One direction are signing? :D

A reserve pairing of Ayres and Covatti looks a promising one and a very entertaining one as well. 

If Nico moves up in to the team then he’ll be replaced by someone equally as strong if not stronger. 

All good. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Personally i would have gone for Doolan if he fitted points wise as he rode very well for Poole at Ipswich last season, you can't judge Ayres on one meeting in the British Final, he won't ride like that every week. 

Don’t think Doolan is riding this year. Gave his Bandits place up for a job in the fire service I believe?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

One direction are signing? :D

As long as they are not singing. B)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

...anyone that has watched Danny at Mildenhall knows he gives 110% and deserves his place..."welcome Mr Entertainment"

57 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Ipswich owner Buster Chapman bringing in some good entertainment value in Danny Ayres.

Ha ha.........I own a Ferrari...........

But it's still at the garage.....I have shook hands on it ....but not paid for it........ but it's still mine you no........   I have a Ferrari...... I have posted it here it must be true.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1