British Speedway Forum

18 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Who else would you like then considering there is 13.5 points left and only 2 riders to name 

Without looking up all the numbers, if Holder + Covatti fits, then I'm guessing you could have Iversen + Covatti/Nicholls?

TBH, and I know this will hurt a few, I'd probably have Tungate + Covatti/Nicholls rather than Holder.

Holder is just too much of a risk for me.  Better pray for a dry spring/summer/autumn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArthurRudge said:

Not C Holder

Possibly possibly not but whoever's it is it look like we will have a Holder to 8 point sized gap 

Who ever fills that will be a great signing

If Covatti is the other reserve, that leaves 7.93 for a heatleader. Holder 7.16, would we give up nearly a point? If it’s Holder and Covatti, wouldn’t we have maybe gone for a stronger reserve than Danny Ayres with nearly a point more available?

If it’s not Holder, I can’t think of anyone else who seems readily available, close to the 7.93 we’d have left

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

If Covatti is the other reserve, that leaves 7.93 for a heatleader. Holder 7.16, would we give up nearly a point? If it’s Holder and Covatti, wouldn’t we have maybe gone for a stronger reserve than Danny Ayres with nearly a point more available?

If it’s not Holder, I can’t think of anyone else who seems readily available, close to the 7.93 we’d have left

Good call - perhaps , maybe ?? ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Let's hope his current aus form isn't his now actual standard 

Off nite , will c where he ends up at final round,expect a comeback tonite

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

But who is available on a 4 ave.... apart from a newcomer?

24 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

But who is available on a 4 ave.... apart from a newcomer?

No idea. It goes back to theory it’s better to have a 3 pointer who you think is capable of putting a point and a half on, than going for a 4 pointer who you think would hold that 4 point average at best. 

It’s not like us to build a point of just below a point below the limit though. 

Maybe we haven’t!

Doesn't matter.... it's not our choice to who rides and when they offically announced is it?

We won't know that "Rider A" or "Rider B" fitted perfectly into the points limit but "A" wanted £300 a point and £2000 start money. Whereas "B" will never ride for the club again after past issues.

We won't know that "Rider C" could only do half a season 

We won't know that "Rider D" has a lower average but fits into the team as is well liked by the club and gets on well with his team mates.

What we will know is that 7 riders have eventually been selected to be a 2020 Witch for the right reasons for the club. :t:

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Doesn't matter.... it's not our choice to who rides and when they offically announced is it?

Of course it isn’t! Nobody has suggested otherwise have they? Again, it’s a forum for discussion. 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:03 PM, geoff58 said:

opinions !! anyway won't be at ipswich so its all academic !!

Well that’s confirmed it! Chris Holder has signed for Ipswich. Good signing.

Just need Geoff to say the Ipswich team is crap and will finish bottom, and the Ipswich fans can then confidently look forward to another title push. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Irving said:

Well that’s confirmed it! Chris Holder has signed for Ipswich. Good signing.

Just need Geoff to say the Ipswich team is crap and will finish bottom, and the Ipswich fans can then confidently look forward to another title push. 

A great signing and it shows the club's intent can he average over 8 we shall see i hope so i  still enjoy watching him race.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

A great signing and it shows the club's intent can he average over 8 we shall see i hope so i  still enjoy watching him race.

Sorry Sidney he hasn’t signed for Ipswich, not that I know of anyway. I was just being satirical because good old Geoff has a habit of being totally wrong and completely wide of the mark on just about everything Speedway related. 

29 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Think Steve was mocking Geoff for getting things wrong. 

He hasn’t signed.