British Speedway Forum

On 12/24/2019 at 3:39 PM, 4 looks good said:

Holder   if no Visa issues ....covatti.....and the last edition is a fairly local boy....and good luck to him....a good looking team.....

Merry christmas 

Well done ipswich

Posted Christmas Eve, well you have two of the three right so fair play. Lets see on your last rider and whether you were right to be laughed at by the Poole supporter..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Posted Christmas Eve, well you have two of the three right so fair play. Lets see on your last rider and whether you were right to be laughed at by the Poole supporter..

Others were posting the exact team way before that I think

• Like 1

Welcome back to Nico 

If we use all of the remaining points maybe Nicolai won't be our No1 come the new season, time will tell ??? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Welcome back to Nico 

If we use all of the remaining points maybe Nicolai won't be our No1 come the new season, time will tell ??? 

7.93 SB. Other than Iversen, I honestly don’t see anyone else up to that figure and above Klindt’s that could possibly be signed. 

The chap with only a handful of intriguing postings to his name is convinced Holder has signed so going with him still. 

Personally I hope Ipswich sign Chris Holder. Still a very capable rider especially in this league, and it would be good for British Speedway to have another ex world champ riding here again. He remains a name that supporters will turn up to see. 

• Like 4

Agree, who wouldn’t want a former world champ in their team? Best showing yet in the Aussie champs this morning only dropping a point in heats and 2nd to Fricke in final who let’s face is the best rider there on current form, he did however beat Fricke in heats and semi final

I think we are looking pretty good, as long as no one has a nightmare season.   Most of the teams look as good as each other,,, and when that happens its normally good for the watching fans 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Holder or Iversen? Gotta be one of the two surely. Either would be a good signing on their current averages, but personally I’d plump for Holder if given the choice. Iversen didn’t exactly look comfortable around Foxhall from what I saw last year. 

...despite breaking the track record !

• Like 1

Holder NKI Zagar Woofy - whoever's it is will do just fine

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, AntiqueSteve said:

...despite breaking the track record !

TBF King broke the Peterborough track record. Means very little in the scheme of things. Iversen has his supporters, but I was one of those disappointed with him. 

30 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

I much prefer the teams being built by Ipswich, Peterborough & Wolves compared to Sheffield & Swindon.

Strong reserves all year round is the key. 

Never understood the plaudits for Sheffield’s team in all honesty. Currently, they don’t make the top 4 for me. 

36 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Never understood the plaudits for Sheffield’s team in all honesty. Currently, they don’t make the top 4 for me. 

Me neither. Good at home but away from home the team has disaster written all over it. 

Give me a 1-7 built like Panthers, Ipswich any day of the week. Both teams will have a game changer at reserve throughout the season as well as having riders in the 1-5 who are capable of improving.

Covatti is more entertainment,decent signing,with Geoff58 confirming he knows Chris Holder is a no(what a snorefest he is),would be interesting if Geoff58 is right,who our last Signing is,still think it's Holder,but seem to think Neils might be back. I see Sam Masters still hasnt been confirmed by Wolves yet either,although im sure he will be back at Monmore.