British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, acef said:

It’s a half decent team.

Never winning the league though.

Well that’s an improvement on your last years verdict of our team. If a “cr@p” team that “will finish bottom” can end up runners up, then this “half decent team” has every chance of success surely.. ;)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well that’s an improvement on your last years verdict of our team. If a “cr@p” team that “will finish bottom” can end up runners up, then this “half decent team” has every chance of success surely.. ;)

He should be more worried about his own team, not sure Belle Vue look half decent. 

If it is Holder, I think Ipswich gave a great team, but there are riders there who you need to up there averages who have always had that tag as potential to up it by a point etc.

Can Klindt up his average? King? Heeps? Ayres? Holder? Can see Nico and Allen upping..

Entertaining side anyway which is name of the game.

So of the 6 we have revealed ...

Allen 5.56  (6.27)

King 6.66  (7.38)

Heeps 6.30  (7.26)

Klindt 7.43  (8.04)

Covatti 5.27  (6.09)

Ayres 3.36   (4.04)

Total  34.58   (39.08)

The figures in brackets inc BPs so it's quite possible that the riders can up their aves.... if they do to the averages inc BPs then the team will be up at the top end of the league by Play offs. 

8 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Ahh, egg on face before ?

What are you talking about?

I called the Ipswich team wrong last season, as did many others. I'm quite willing to accept that.

This forum is full some really, really strange human beings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

He should be more worried about his own team, not sure Belle Vue look half decent. 

Quote me directly soft un'.

• Haha 1

If it is a certain Mr Holder then i wonder how he'll handle Foxhall if it's grippy, also Klindt on that matter, we all know the rest of the team don't mind it grippy and can ride the deep stuff

37 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

If it is a certain Mr Holder then i wonder how he'll handle Foxhall if it's grippy, also Klindt on that matter, we all know the rest of the team don't mind it grippy and can ride the deep stuff

Klindt was a very good performer at Ipswich last season, maybe not so good in really grippy conditions but it is up to your team to decide how they want the track and if Holder doesn't want it grippy then it won't be. 

Yeah so make it slick with a blue groove for Holder if it is him n Klindt and then watch the rest of um struggle for grip, makes loads of sense:nono:

On 1/11/2020 at 6:37 AM, Arch Stanton said:

He made a few mistakes elsewhere as well especially his own team who were firm favourites to make the play offs and didn’t.

• Like 1

Very quiet, was expecting some news haps seeing as the Australian championship was over and done with, unless it ain't gonna be Holder after all?

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 10:33 AM, kevin bass said:

Yeah so make it slick with a blue groove for Holder if it is him n Klindt and then watch the rest of um struggle for grip, makes loads of sense:nono:

It is up to the team as a whole to decide what is best, I think riders of Klindt and Holder quality can ride any track slick or grippy, they may prefer it on the slick side but if the rest of the team prefer it grippy I doubt either would have an issue with that.

I saw Klindt at Foxhall 2 or 3 times last season and he definitely performed better when it was on t slick side, but then again it don't matter if it's slick or heavy if he's got his gating gloves on;)

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

I saw Klindt at Foxhall 2 or 3 times last season and he definitely performed better when it was on t slick side, but then again it don't matter if it's slick or heavy if he's got his gating gloves on;)

In the play offs Klindt performed very well and I believe it was grippier then so I can't see any reason why he shouldn't be able to cope with any track.