British Speedway Forum

I see in the Speedway Star Ritchie Hawkins under the title “Witches’ search”, says we have “plenty of points to play with” in the search for the last rider and hopefully get something sorted in the next couple of weeks after admitting it’s been difficult getting a top rider in. 

So we actually HAVE, signed and announced 6 riders without having a scooby who the last rider is! That’s staggering 

Edited by Arch Stanton

12 hours ago, Spl77 said:

I think it's because like last winter people are struggling to come up with someone that not only fits but who wants to do it. 

Likely to be a short, shortlist then if you are still looking for someone of proven quality who wants to do it..

Maybe Swindon will give us a rider this year.;)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I see in the Speedway Star Ritchie Hawkins under the title “Witches’ search”, says we have “plenty of points to play with” in the search for the last rider and hopefully get something sorted in the next couple of weeks after admitting it’s been difficult getting a top rider in. 

So we actually HAVE, signed and announced 6 riders without having a scooby who the last rider is! That’s staggering 

Plenty of points..... hmmmm but not enough for a top no1 new to the league is it? :rolleyes:

It's a bit of a worry that a new tream can attract pedo, and we can't attract anyone.    One of the main reasons I wanted to stay in the lower division, where we could attract riders

Maybe the worry is more for Sheffield because Louis mentioned about the cost of bringing Pedersen to Sheffield... maybe they might go bust offering Nicki too much wonga or he leaves when they can't afford to pay him, don't buy into them being able to get him because of sponsorship,  Witches sponsorship is spread among the team as a whole as probably with most sides unless of course Sheffield have an individual sponsor just for Pedersen.

If I were at Ipswich right now, i'd be letting Ayres go now and spreading those points across the board

Ipswich Witches 

1. Nicolai Klindt 7.43
2. Cameron Heeps 6.30
3. Jake Allen 5.56
4. Eddie Kennett 5.53
5. Danny King 6.65*
6. Nico Covatti 5.27
7. Scott Nicholls 5.36

Then before the play-offs or before this transfer window goes... you're most like to get a Musielak or Bjerre to committ to the last 25-40% of meetings and changes can be made...

So perhaps Nicholls/Kennett in now and then replace with Bjerre/Ayres at the crunch time of the season

Trouble is Bjerre will be snapped up before that. 

And I think Sheffield sponsor paying towards pedo wages. And let's be honest,,,, Sheffield will have more bums on seats because of pedo,,,, it will sort of pay for itself.  Speculate to accumulate 

Edited by Baldyman

20 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Maybe the worry is more for Sheffield because Louis mentioned about the cost of bringing Pedersen to Sheffield... maybe they might go bust offering Nicki too much wonga or he leaves when they can't afford to pay him, don't buy into them being able to get him because of sponsorship,  Witches sponsorship is spread among the team as a whole as probably with most sides unless of course Sheffield have an individual sponsor just for Pedersen.

According to Nikki last night, he isn't being paid a fortune, and I believe the Sheffield promoters have the financial knowledge not to put Sheffield Speedway in that situation either.

Perhaps some sour grapes from Louis because with the same sponsor Sheffield have got Nikki and Ipswich haven't  

3 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Plenty of points..... hmmmm but not enough for a top no1 new to the league is it? :rolleyes:

Exactly. If you must do it this way, at least leave 8 minimum otherwise you’ve reduced your options  from the off!

I think it’s mad announcing 6 riders without a 7th signed I really do. Announce 5 fair enough, at least that gives you a little wiggle room with 2 spaces left. 

If we can only manage to find a 6 pointer then we’re as bad as Wolves and will have built nearly 2 points under the limit. Seems a complete balls up. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Exactly. If you must do it this way, at least leave 8 minimum otherwise you’ve reduced your options  from the off!

I think it’s mad announcing 6 riders without a 7th signed I really do. Announce 5 fair enough, at least that gives you a little wiggle room with 2 spaces left. 

If we can only manage to find a 6 pointer then we’re as bad as Wolves and will have built nearly 2 points under the limit. Seems a complete balls up. 

Worse than Wolves really, at least there's an inkling of looking at long term building with their team this season.

Having read the article myself, I’d agree with others here rather than Chris Louis. There can be no doubt what Hawkins is saying and being quoted as saying. Only other explanation is Louis and Hawkins are not communicating and Hawkins is in the dark as much as the fans..

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Haha 1