British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I think Smolinski would be a great signing for the Witches

Smolinski is good for any club just on team spirit alone, plus the added bonus of showmanship and professionalism.

10 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Liga is just german for league so he has put PL League so who knows

Yes, but also put he could change his base from Germany to CZ or PL.... now that means Czecho or PL(Poland), I reckon

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not according to what he's tweeted. Seeking a mechanic for a'PL team place in negotiation'!

Got that wrong. If you look at speedweek it explains he is looking for a mechanic because he is first reserve for the GPs and wants someone to boost his team. As I stated a few days back he has also just bought Jan Andersson’s  tuning business , so has plenty to do. No way will he be in the UK

Even if it does mean Premiership he could be signing for Peterborough not Ipswich.

Good marketing if he races in the UK on his own engines and puts in good performances. 

If his bikes are good and you are being beaten by him then you might just ask for his services.

If its smolinski,,,, wooden spoon is ours,,,,, 7,56 average,,, some of that gained at reserve.   All that says to me is desperation and no decent rider wants to race for Ipswich. 

Why didn't we snap up one of Swindons riders,,,, or another one of Pooles,,,,, surely a Kurtz, josh G or Ellis or another rider like that our within our budget,,, with our sponsor helping Sheffield get Pedersen. 

Best we move back down where we didn't have a problem attracting riders 

45 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Good marketing if he races in the UK on his own engines and puts in good performances. 

If his bikes are good and you are being beaten by him then you might just ask for his services.

And if he is pants? 

The worrying thing is other than Holder and Iversen I can't think of any rider who would fill the number 1 criteria. 

Hancock is the only other name but he I very much doubt would be interested and after a year out could be a risk. 

Other than that I'm struggling! 

If Nicholls had been factored in at the bottom end on his bargain average I wouldn't be so worried 

Hancock average is far too high for what we currently have left. 

Can see this happening every season,,,, which is why 3 or 4 riders can more or guarantee themselves a team spot for the foreseeable future

Edited by Baldyman

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

If its smolinski,,,, wooden spoon is ours,,,,, 7,56 average,,, some of that gained at reserve.   All that says to me is desperation and no decent rider wants to race for Ipswich. 

Why didn't we snap up one of Swindons riders,,,, or another one of Pooles,,,,, surely a Kurtz, josh G or Ellis or another rider like that our within our budget,,, with our sponsor helping Sheffield get Pedersen. 

Best we move back down where we didn't have a problem attracting riders 

No Swindon riders were available as Tobi doesn’t want to start of riding in Britain.

16 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

No Swindon riders were available as Tobi doesn’t want to start of riding in Britain.

Didn’t Rossiter deny that?

1 hour ago, Crazy robin said:

Depends how much money you offer surely. Any rider can be swayed by money I would have thought 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Didn’t Rossiter deny that?

Yes he did, but article in Swindon Advertiser with Terry Russell implies Toruń don’t want him to ride in Uk and they are paying him a lot of money to get them back into top league. So I guess he has accepted their terms.

• Like 1