British Speedway Forum

Tragic...R.I.P.

1 hour ago, gustix said:

Is there any detail at the moment in regard to an inquest into the death of Danny Ayres?

Why would you want to know that, be respectful to his family at this time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gustix said:

Is there any detail at the moment in regard to an inquest into the death of Danny Ayres?

You can't ask that. Remember when Princess Di died, no-one asked why. It's human nature. 

• Like 1

Still can’t get my head around this today. I have Ipswich Witches twitter notifications switched on, and when you get a notification it only reveals part of the content. It said “Ipswich Speedway are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Danny Ayre..”

I fully expected to open the tweet fully and read that his Mother or Father had passed, but to see it was the lad himself made me nearly drop my phone. 

Absolutely heartbreaking it really is. His poor family and friends, thoughts very much with them at the moment. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

You can't ask that. Remember when Princess Di died, no-one asked why. It's human nature. 

Is that right? I thought everyone instantly wanted to know why, especially with her being such a public figure.

• Like 1

Absolutely devastating news, an all round entertainer and nice guy, an absolute pleasure to watch. 

Rest in peace Danny

18 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Best not to speculate out of respect for him and his family

8 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

It is nobody's business how he died.

Right now it's about his family 

I'm sure details will be revealed when ppl are ready to do so

Show some respect and stop asking or speculating 

Perfectly put both. Nobodies business until the family release details. 

• Like 1

Well, whilst under this shadow a new Nr 1 is signed, I wonder if ,at least for first match R/R comes into play in honour of Danny?

Such sad news. It puts the debate over the number 1 into context. Assuming that Danny was due to ride at number 7 how about retiring the number 7 race jacket in his honour? 

4 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Such sad news. It puts the debate over the number 1 into context. Assuming that Danny was due to ride at number 7 how about retiring the number 7 race jacket in his honour? 

And replace it with ??

21 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

And replace it with ??

The number 8 jacket for the season or permanently. Retiring of shirts happens quite alot in similar situations in other sports. 

It was just an idea