British Speedway Forum

But in speedway its numbers 1 to 7,,,in other sports its probably a squad number, although it's not hard for Danny's teams to be given the use of a number 8 for the season. 

Very sad situation but i cant see why they would not use the number 7 jacket 

Without sounding like i dont care, Ipswich lost the great Billy Sanders during a season and his race jacket carried on.........we did eventually have the Billy Sanders memorial meeting ( a certain Mr Rickardssons first meeting for us)........................and as a tragedy as this is regarding Danny Ayres , he hasnt actualy turned a wheel for the club................a collection, a meeting as well , would seem to be the correct route for me raising money for those he has left behind 

It does lead us onto team building as well so not sure who we may have lined up now

• Like 2

I can't see Ipswich running a meeting for Danny if I am being brutally honest, they are obviously supporting the Mildenhall meeting so hope as many people attend that meeting as possible, maximise the one meeting.

If the club do not do a collection, I would be happy to walk around with anyone else and do a fan collection one Thursday evening and pass this to the club to then pass to the Ayres family but i guess wait and see what the club are going to do with regards to this first, or someone i am sure will set up a gofundme memorial collection which the whole of speedway can support.

No need to retire any race jacket but it would be nice perhaps if they can incorporate a Danny Ayres logo onto the jackets for 2020 or each Witches rider carry his logo with them on their bikes or helmets etc. throughout the season, although he didn't turn a wheel for the witches other than as a guest in the past, he is still part of the 2020 team no matter what so carrying his logo would be a good touch

also why not run a Danny Ayres flag at foxhall alongside all the nationality flags that fly on the centre green.

Lots of things that the club can do and in due course we can see exactly what they will do.

53 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I can't see Ipswich running a meeting for Danny if I am being brutally honest, they are obviously supporting the Mildenhall meeting so hope as many people attend that meeting as possible, maximise the one meeting.

If the club do not do a collection, I would be happy to walk around with anyone else and do a fan collection one Thursday evening and pass this to the club to then pass to the Ayres family but i guess wait and see what the club are going to do with regards to this first, or someone i am sure will set up a gofundme memorial collection which the whole of speedway can support.

No need to retire any race jacket but it would be nice perhaps if they can incorporate a Danny Ayres logo onto the jackets for 2020 or each Witches rider carry his logo with them on their bikes or helmets etc. throughout the season, although he didn't turn a wheel for the witches other than as a guest in the past, he is still part of the 2020 team no matter what so carrying his logo would be a good touch

also why not run a Danny Ayres flag at foxhall alongside all the nationality flags that fly on the centre green.

Lots of things that the club can do and in due course we can see exactly what they will do.

this was set up on Sunday

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/in-memory-of-danny-ayres

• Like 2

Waking up every day when your brain isn't working properly can be a huge struggle. At times it can seem like the struggles and pain can never, never end. God bless Danny and his beautiful family. X

• Like 1

My social etiquette isn't great,, so was wondering when it's okay to start talking about the team again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

My social etiquette isn't great,, so was wondering when it's okay to start talking about the team again. 

Life goes on matey, what are your thoughts ? 

That when Louis starts to re focus on team building,, he now takes the best route for this season to win a title and uses all points available on 2 huge reserves/second string. Having 2 6 pointers at reserve all season will be huge with 7 rides each possible. 

Klindt 7.43

King 6.65

Heeps 6.30

Allen 5.56

Covatti 5.27

Nicholls 5.36

Does that leave 5.93? Options are limited L. Bjerre Barker Kennet Pieszczek 

What do R. Worral and KK come in on? 

I'd prefer probably Holder and Bacon 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Klindt 7.43

King 6.65

Heeps 6.30

Allen 5.56

Covatti 5.27

Nicholls 5.36

Ritchie Worrall would be about 5.09 after British rider discount, not a bad pick, always liked him at Poole.

49 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Klindt 7.43

King 6.65

Heeps 6.30

Allen 5.56

Covatti 5.27

Nicholls 5.36

Holder and bacon may score about 12 or 13 at home between them,,, for example Nicholls and Kennett with poss 7 each would prob score about 20,,,and if no extra rides at least the same as holder and bacon,,,, no brainer to me. Big home scores would see us win silverware on agg. 

Just to give others a fighting chance I would open my mahoosive cheque book and get woofy and Grieves for some seat of ya pants effort 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

They now unfortunately have a decision to make. Continue to play the waiting game on whoever it was they were waiting for, or give that up and go a different route like Baldyman’s suggestion. 

If the mystery rider in question is Chris holder then it would still be my choice to have him in the team. that would give us a second rider who can win big races under pressure against opposing top riders, a weakness the witches demonstrated at the business end of the season

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 1:06 PM, Baldyman said:

Edited by IronScorpion
emotions & past memories of a lost one
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

47 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

If the mystery rider in question is Chris holder then it would still be my choice to have him in the team. that would give us a second rider who can win big races under pressure against opposing top riders, a weakness the witches demonstrated at the business end of the season

But we still have a couple of those riders that go missing in big meetings,,,, so surely its better to take them out of rides and replace with a 6 point resereve than with a 3 and half pointer