British Speedway Forum

I would like Ipswich to run a second leg of the Danny’s day memorial at foxhall so a second income boosts the funds coffers. 
even better if Scunthorpe and Kent can run a home leg too and have a proper home leg each so all his fans from all over the country can pay their respects and help his family too 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

What's the capacity at Mildenhall? 

I would of thought 4,000, but found this...

Stadium Capacity: 8, 000 Mildenhall Greyhound Stadium is a 280yard ... Mildenhall can accommodate an 8, 000 strong crowd and has parking spaces for over ...

• Like 1

After a bit of digging I saw a figure of 8k mentioned on an old Dog racing website but I think that might be rather optimistic, I'd think maybe 5k if all the grass banking was filled. 

Just an opinion though having seen what a few hundred looks like on the many occasions I've been there. 

I think one meeting is more than enough to honour Danny, I get the idea of a home leg each and the amount of money it can raise but there are still meeting costs, rider availability, mechanical costs, potential for rider injury etc. I think a one-off meeting is perfect, if ran annually it can help his children overtime rather than just a one-off

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I think one meeting is more than enough to honour Danny, I get the idea of a home leg each and the amount of money it can raise but there are still meeting costs, rider availability, mechanical costs, potential for rider injury etc. I think a one-off meeting is perfect, if ran annually it can help his children overtime rather than just a one-off

Totally agree. If 5000 turn out at Mildenhall and there is a feeling at that point that something else is needed then it can be arranged at end of the season.

Best as you say to make it an annual Event as long as there is a feeling that's what's wanted.

5,000 would be a great turnout plus with all the online donations etc.  

What usually happens with these meetings that over time they tend to be less supported, not because of what the cause is about or who its for, but they just tend to dwindle, and Danny doesn't deserve that - he deserves a one-off showpiece event with a packed crowd, I am sure the money raised will be a big amount.  

Do they still have the mini track at Mildenhall? Not been in years but will be doing everything to get to this meeting. think 1989/90 may have been the last time i went 

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

5,000 would be a great turnout plus with all the online donations etc.  

What usually happens with these meetings that over time they tend to be less supported, not because of what the cause is about or who its for, but they just tend to dwindle, and Danny doesn't deserve that - he deserves a one-off showpiece event with a packed crowd, I am sure the money raised will be a big amount.  

Do they still have the mini track at Mildenhall? Not been in years but will be doing everything to get to this meeting. think 1989/90 may have been the last time i went 

I'm sure a very good crowd will attend this meeting, if it's anywhere near 5K the place will be heaving and its facilities will be pushed to the limit. 

I hope its the case though, the more money raised for Danny's family the better, when I met Jodie I thought she was a lovely person and deserves all the help she can get at this time. 

( Mildenhall doesn't have a mini trackany more, the centre green was raised and grassed over a while back ) 

Edited by Super Blue

I always thought the actual track was the mini one,,,, blimey the other one must have been the smallest if mini  tracks 

This was the last time I went to Mildenhall 1989

funnily enough Dave Jackson (Aussie) his sister still owns a hair salon in Felixstowe (I think).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I always thought the actual track was the mini one,,,, blimey the other one must have been the smallest if mini  tracks 

was located to the right or behind the grandstand if memory serves me correctly

23 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

This was the last time I went to Mildenhall 1989

funnily enough Dave Jackson (Aussie) his sister still owns a hair salon in Felixstowe (I think).

That bloke in YB looked a bit handy ;)

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

a bit handy and out of control on occasion :rofl:

The best ones to watch :t:

To me it looks to ride a lot smaller now, and looks so much slicker,,,,,, but that's probably the laydowns effect. 

Wow,,, if only all races were like that,,,,, that's why most of us love a balls out trier. 

Edited by Baldyman