British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

To me it looks to ride a lot smaller now, and looks so much slicker,,,,,, but that's probably the laydowns effect. 

Wow,,, if only all races were like that,,,,, that's why most of us love a balls out trier. 

The airfence makes the corners ride a lot narrower doesn’t it

19 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

To me it looks to ride a lot smaller now, and looks so much slicker,,,,,, but that's probably the laydowns effect. 

I think the track is smaller now, no sign of the old greyhound track in the video.

Only just caught up on this, as a regular at Mildy I can pretty much confirm that the racing in the video was where the Dog track is and the current track is a hell of a lot shorter hence the 49 point something track record. 

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That bloke in YB looked a bit handy ;)

Liked him alot better after he got rid of the Barracuda from his chest

4 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

This was the last time I went to Mildenhall 1989

funnily enough Dave Jackson (Aussie) his sister still owns a hair salon in Felixstowe (I think).

i was there that day, and we won :)

you'll find the track a lot different now though

51 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Liked him alot better after he got rid of the Barracuda from his chest

Dont remember his Boston days

Looking forward to visiting mildenhall most of the time tracks dont change from years ago so will probably drag the old man over to watch too

That mildy track looked like it was good,,,, would be very happy if the new banking at Foxhall provided racing even half that good. Having said that,,, a lot of good races are often down to who is involved. 

If for example all races at Foxhall had Ben Howe, loram Louis and Gollob in them,,, most would be good. 

• Like 1

I’ve hardly been since they’ve been back in the third division but I was a regular at Mildenhall 2006-08 in the Premier League days and some of the racing was superb. It’s a great little track when prepared properly. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

That mildy track looked like it was good,,,, would be very happy if the new banking at Foxhall provided racing even half that good. Having said that,,, a lot of good races are often down to who is involved. 

If for example all races at Foxhall had Ben Howe, loram Louis and Gollob in them,,, most would be good. 

Ben Howe was superb to watch on his day. 

one of the best racing styles I have seen.

• Like 1

Know what your saying pinny, Ben Howe was worth the entrance money alone and luckily couldn't gate for toffee's so was always good entertainment, a group of us used to sponsor Ben back in the day and i still say to this day if he had of had the backing Sal got he would of gone haps a lot further in the sport.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Ben Howe was superb to watch on his day. 

one of the best racing styles I have seen.

17 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Know what your saying pinny, Ben Howe was worth the entrance money alone and luckily couldn't gate for toffee's so was always good entertainment, a group of us used to sponsor Ben back in the day and i still say to this day if he had of had the backing Sal got he would of gone haps a lot further in the sport.

love it when ben howe came to poole to ride for Ipswich worth every penny of gate money

Edited by ray c

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

He raced for Newport in about 2000 , came in on an average of over 11 that he was never going to match but think he got about 8. 

he was woeful at times though and looked like he couldnt careless , on a lot of away tracks.

he was superb around Newport though and was there the day he broke the track record , he looked like he was going to break it after 2 bends you could just tell. 

horrible injuries ruined him, his nasty one at Arena when ploughing into a fallen rider and hitting the fence probably what finished him. 

Yeah Ben broke his arm in 12 places i seem to recall and that pretty much finished him, he sat out a couple of seasons after that I believe before riding for Mildenhall in 02 or haps 03 but was really to good for that standard of racing at the time and after that just slipped out of racing.

I'm wondering that in honour of Danny being such an entertainer, that it would be fitting to have a minutes applause instead of silence or possibly a minute of each? 

Also whatever happens,,, we don't post any negative comments about team performance. Let's really get behind our riders and spur them onto the title in Danny's honour. 

• Like 4