British Speedway Forum

Must surely hear something this coming week? If not definite signings then an update at least on the search. The timeframe CL put on signing his heatleader has expired..

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Must surely hear something this coming week? If not definite signings then an update at least on the search. The timeframe CL put on signing his heatleader has expired..

Good things come to those that wait............................. & you thought Nicki Pedersen was a big deal.............

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

• Like 1

I Understand how sad the news is on Danny Ayers,its a huge blow to not just Ipswich and Scunthorpe,but to the whole of Speedway in general,but before Danny's sad loss,we were becoming a borefest at Ipswich for naming our 7th rider,and potential heat leader,i know Geoff58 says its not Chris Holder,but jesus,he gets everything wrong,although he must get 1 statement right soon(i doubt it though),i now understand the wait to replace Danny is a little understanding,but my god,how boring is Chris Louis,such a great season last year,probably over achieved,but who cares,a chance to name the side early,get all of us supporters on side,looking forward to the forthcoming season,and bang,he takes even longer than last season,he could name Zmarzlik now,and i think i still would have lost interest,but i hope Holder's visa's problems are sorted,as reported and he is named in next 24 hours,but who knows,maybe Geoff58 has finally got something right

I think it’s great suspense waiting for the number 1 or holding out on holder,the season hasn’t started yet but must say they will look silly on meet the riders night without a team , no doubt all questions will be answered

6 hours ago, siggysigalos said:

I Understand how sad the news is on Danny Ayers,its a huge blow to not just Ipswich and Scunthorpe,but to the whole of Speedway in general,but before Danny's sad loss,we were becoming a borefest at Ipswich for naming our 7th rider,and potential heat leader,i know Geoff58 says its not Chris Holder,but jesus,he gets everything wrong,although he must get 1 statement right soon(i doubt it though),i now understand the wait to replace Danny is a little understanding,but my god,how boring is Chris Louis,such a great season last year,probably over achieved,but who cares,a chance to name the side early,get all of us supporters on side,looking forward to the forthcoming season,and bang,he takes even longer than last season,he could name Zmarzlik now,and i think i still would have lost interest,but i hope Holder's visa's problems are sorted,as reported and he is named in next 24 hours,but who knows,maybe Geoff58 has finally got something right

I just posted above yours that surely something needs to be clarified this week. I’m normally one of the more patient sort but even I’m starting to get a bit fed up with it all now. 
But having said that, I’m sure they could easily have completed the team before Christmas but it obviously wouldn’t have been the team they wanted. Let’s see who the heatleader is and fingers crossed CL would have been proven absolutely correct to play the waiting game. 

It's just like the mid 90s used to turn up on press and practice day without a full team then sign the cheap foreign rider who could stay on for 4 laps during the afternoon. Franz Leitner everybody. Or the time they waited all winter for a work permit for Miroslaw Kowalik only for it never to be granted. 

8 hours ago, CountyGround said:

Good things come to those that wait............................. & you thought Nicki Pedersen was a big deal.............

That sounds like a top rider is on his way to us 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Maybe Thursday and story in this week a Speedway Star ?

I have to admit some positive news right now would be good, let's hope Chris can pull a magical rabbit out of the hat for us! 

Its also going to be hard for whoever has the job of filling the reserve birth as I'm sure like myself everyone was looking forward to the enthusiasm of Mr Entertainer this coming season? 

Jason crump I reckon and Peterbough will get Tony Rickardsson ! 

Edited by lynnboy
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Jason crump I reckon and Peterbough will get Tony Rickardsson ! 

Other way around Tony is Still a Ipswich asset lmao

I think with the wait etc is HAS to be a big name and worth it or it will look egg on face for CL

So who do people class as a big name? Either a GP rider or recently ex GP rider so could be

Holder 

Pawlicki

Lindback

Kolodzje 

Smolinksi 

Milik 

Do any of then excite you apart from Holder?

It is quite clear that CL and Richard have targeted a big no.1 if they now announce a more solid team and go for a stronger reserve then perhaps in hindsight they could have named the side a long time ago 

IMO the strength in depth route is better then end of the transfer window try picking up a Bjerre (Danish) + Bacon combo if necessary and be a little more fire power for the end of season push and playoffs as long as the right changes are made at the right time then starting strength in depth will be the best option 

Holder or Milik would be okay,,, do Russia race on Thursdays? Vaculik would be even better,, and I would think he could be a possible if the pay cheque is big enough, although he would be a very busy man

Crump has said he has always wanted to race for Ipswich and is one of his favourite tracks

Edited by Baldyman