British Speedway Forum

This team could go one of 2 ways,,,,,, but what it does prove is we were stuffed for a heat leader.      And it's going to be the same every season

1 minute ago, Falcon1983 said:

Weakest 1-7 in the league and no chance of a play off place 

Too early to tell. We’ll know a hell of a lot more after a meeting or two. I wouldn’t write any team off from a play off place based on their starting septet. Changes will always be made. 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

This team could go one of 2 ways,,,,,, but what it does prove is we were stuffed for a heat leader.      And it's going to be the same every season

To be fair Baldy, it seems as though we had our team sorted pretty early, and there was clearly a confidence that a visa would get sorted for Holder. That confidence ultimately was misplaced mind you. There are riders out there (NKI/Bjerre) who don’t want full seasons but will make themselves available mid season. There’ll be options later on if things aren’t  going to plan. 

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

To be fair Baldy, it seems as though we had our team sorted pretty early, and there was clearly a confidence that a visa would get sorted for Holder. That confidence ultimately was misplaced mind you. There are riders out there (NKI/Bjerre) who don’t want full seasons but will make themselves available mid season. There’ll be options later on if things aren’t  going to plan. 

NKI will be riding for Peterborough 

Gobsmacked to see Crump making a comeback. Didn’t see that one coming.

with Pedersen, Kildemand and now Crump now back in British Speedway it would appear anyone riding or retired is fair game.:o

I'm absolutely delighted to see Drew wear the Witch that's the silver lining for me

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'm absolutely delighted to see Drew wear the Witch that's the silver lining for me

Me too. I also hope that when changes are made, he doesn’t end up the fall guy. If we need to strengthen (and we will IMO), then strengthen elsewhere. Drew should stay in the team all season no matter what. Really looking forward to watching him over the season 

32 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Too early to tell. We’ll know a hell of a lot more after a meeting or two. I wouldn’t write any team off from a play off place based on their starting septet. Changes will always be made. 

Ok I will restate weakest looking side on paper starting the season lol

Do you think chris and richard will be ballsy enough to drop Crump if it's not working out? I think generally they are quite weak in that area

Compared to last season its weaker but let's see how it goes, crump on a 6.5 average would have been there or thereabouts for me but to be savaged with 8.21 is just wow 

As baldy says they've struggled for a heat leader and it's clear that there is limited availability and 95% was possibly thrown into the Holder basket 

IMO Crump has 8 meetings - if he is not cutting by then he has to be replaced

I'm not convinced he will get above 6 and also not convinced we will make the change even if he doesnt

Didn't see that coming, welcome back to British speedway Jason Crump, really looking forward to seeing you at the NSS this coming season.

Hopefully he will have a great season for Ippo, and prove all the doubters wrong.

• Like 2

Just now, Falcon1983 said:

Do you think chris and richard will be ballsy enough to drop Crump if it's not working out? I think generally they are quite weak in that area

You see I think the total opposite to you. They haven’t been shy of making changes when necessary and if things aren’t working out, I’ve no doubt they’ll change it up again. 

JL back in the day was often criticised for never making changes and sticking by riders for far too long, and since CL has taken over he seems to be stuck with that same criticism which is unjust IMO. He’s made changes for the majority of the seasons he’s been in charge. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You see I think the total opposite to you. They haven’t been shy of making changes when necessary and if things aren’t working out, I’ve no doubt they’ll change it up again. 

JL back in the day was often criticised for never making changes and sticking by riders for far too long, and since CL has taken over he seems to be stuck with that same criticism which is unjust IMO. He’s made changes for the majority of the seasons he’s been in charge. 

JL yes was criticised for not making changes but CL is rightly criticised for making changes too late I.e. Chris Harris last season should have been let go alot sooner 

It is a numbers game and would have been less of a risk if crumps average was low enough to maybe had Nicholls at reserve but now it really puts pressure on the full 1-7 including Drew who now cant be allowed time to adjust to this level

Can't see CL dropping king, heeps, allen at all can't see them dropping Crump either after bringing him out of retirement it will possibly be crump himself who will drop himself if his return is not as he expects it

Possible they may drop Klindt possibly Covatti and Drew will only be part of it if it's a numbers game.

Using King as an example he had a poor finish to last season and was lucky to be in this years side but the club are loyal to their golfers, I mean riders 

I guess as mentioned already by someone else give it 8 meetings see where they are but I expect to be bottom 2

If this team goes unchanged and makes the plays offs I'll do a lap of foxhall in my boxer shorts lol