British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Gobsmacked to see Crump making a comeback. Didn’t see that one coming.

with Pedersen, Kildemand and now Crump now back in British Speedway it would appear anyone riding or retired is fair game.:o

And don’t forget, Wolves have enticed back Masters and Thorsell.   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Oh well, having had a couple of hours to mull this news over and without wishing to appear too negative I'm afraid I'm totally underwhelmed. 

I am seriously hoping I'm wrong with what I'm about to say and I want to be eating humble pie but here goes. 

A 44 year old long retired 'has been' at No1 , albeit a previous 3 times world champion does not inspire me to believe we will be at all competitive this season. Even he isn't confident of what he's capable of now. 

Although it's great to see Drew signed up as a full Witch I'm not sure he's ready for the top league of British speedway, he struggled in the Championship last season, again I would love to be proved wrong. 

Last year I quite enjoyed the Witches being written off as wooden spooners  by everyone but this year I think I'm going to be agreeing with them. 

My enthusiasm for the coming season is seriously dented. 

Are you kidding?

Those two signings, for different reasons, should be incentives to go and support your club!

• Like 1

Correct,,,, whilst Crump is in the team I will be turning up every week,,,,, Chris could see a bumper bank balance this season. 

Having the entrance fees remained the same? 

So what average does Drew come in on then, i thought you had to have a minimum 3 point average? If Jason comes in at 8.21 does it leave enough for a 3 pointer.

34 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Oh well, having had a couple of hours to mull this news over and without wishing to appear too negative I'm afraid I'm totally underwhelmed. 

I am seriously hoping I'm wrong with what I'm about to say and I want to be eating humble pie but here goes. 

A 44 year old long retired 'has been' at No1 , albeit a previous 3 times world champion does not inspire me to believe we will be at all competitive this season. Even he isn't confident of what he's capable of now. 

Although it's great to see Drew signed up as a full Witch I'm not sure he's ready for the top league of British speedway, he struggled in the Championship last season, again I would love to be proved wrong. 

Last year I quite enjoyed the Witches being written off as wooden spooners  by everyone but this year I think I'm going to be agreeing with them. 

My enthusiasm for the coming season is seriously dented. 

drew kemp one of the best young brits around and you got him cheer up and the icing with crumpy as well I am a poole supporter I swap with you  any day of the week :t:

It’ll go one of two ways for me - crump will drop a couple of points and then drew will be exchanged for a 5.5 man and we’ll be stronger at the bottom, or he’ll show his class be a comfortable no.1 still and we’ll have a strong spearhead in him and nic who are both historically good gaters.

bit of a left field signing but either way I’m rather looking forward to the season 

• Like 1

Crump and Pedersen riding in England....who would of thought that!

Personally I think it makes things very interesting,and be a crowd pleaser?

• Like 2

I don't see why Jason can't hold his own and average 7ish, he scored 9 and 10 in the winter test matches against a team including Woffenden and Bewley, the league is watered down and he'll probably do no worse then Danny King or Cameron Heeps to be fair.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Debbs said:

Sad .must be skint 

Peterborough are yes. that's why he's ended up at Ipswich

Hope it works out, but this team has wooden spoon written all over it if Crump is bang average or worse. Interesting gamble by CL ...

• Like 1