British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I hope it works well for both Crump & Ipswich but after a couple of months I feel Jason will remember why he retired in the first place

He’s only doing one league - so less travel and more free time

5 weeks tomorrow we kick off at the Showground. Can’t wait to get going now! Always a long Winter but Spring is on the horizon. Can’t beat the start of a new season 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Terry said:

I think it's great that Crump is back. Ok, he and Nicki may not be the riders they were but these guys have an aura about them which no other rider here - with the possible exception of Doyle - has.

Their signings will surely improve crowd levels at Ipswich and Sheffield, and hopefully at away tracks when they visit..I'll certainly be paying a visit to both tracks this year for the first time in yonks.

Despite not being a GP rider Nicki had the 12th highest average in the Polish top flight last year. He is still one of the best riders in the world. 

• Like 9

Pedersens gating was always his biggest asset and since that's declined a bit his only way past other riders is to take them out. Hence the reason he gets a lot of gyp from fans ! 

He may put a few bums on seats but his dirty riding style (polite version) is what generally makes him disliked by everyone whose team he doesn't ride for. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Pedersens gating was always his biggest asset and since that's declined a bit his only way past other riders is to take them out. Hence the reason he gets a lot of gyp from fans ! 

He may put a few bums on seats but his dirty riding style (polite version) is what generally makes him disliked by everyone whose team he doesn't ride for. 

Pedersen has always used hard riding to get past riders ever since he made his UK debut in 98. 
Very good gater but also a terrific racer , whether that’s using force or not. Have seen him make some absolutely breath taking passes during his time. 

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Lol, last time he rode for us in 2012 he took off three of his own team.

Really pleased to see one of my all time favourite riders back. Don't think he will get anywhere near his starting average, so happy that he has signed for the Witches. Would be happy for him to prove me wrong.

54 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Lol, last time he rode for us in 2012 he took off three of his own team.

I bet some of the Sheffield riders are dreading being given the No 2 'race jacket' ...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I bet some of the Sheffield riders are dreading being given the No 2 'race jacket' ...

I can see Sheffield signing Dag Lovaas and running a full season with rider-replacement at number 2 for him.

Shares the load ;-)

Well Crumpie's score won't lie, hope he goes well and reckon he's a positive addition to the PL.  Ipswich fans, and also Sheffield fans with NickiP, must be well-excited for the new season.  Reminds me a bit of the 'buzz' around Hull in 1978 after signing Ivan during the close season....

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

5 weeks tomorrow we kick off at the Showground. Can’t wait to get going now! Always a long Winter but Spring is on the horizon. Can’t beat the start of a new season 

This meeting may have to be put back until March 2021 in order for Peterborough to complete there team building. 

They are in talks via carrier pidgeons with various riders as it cheaper than using the phone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

This meeting may have to be put back until March 2021 in order for Peterborough to complete there team building. 

They are in talks via carrier pidgeons with various riders as it cheaper than using the phone. 

Really - I think pigeon food had soared in price recently :P

29 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Really - I think pigeon food had soared in price recently :P

They are very skinny pigeons ...

• Haha 1