British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Does anyone know if the banking has now been changed? 

Yes it has. A bit more been added by the fence and some removed from the kerb. 

48 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Yes it has. A bit more been added by the fence and some removed from the kerb. 

Cheers,,,,, that's cracking news,,, and can only be good. 

Chris’s commitment to improving the track has to be commended, every off season he’s looking to improve the shape for the benefit of the racing and fans

• Like 1

Not sure anything that's been done so far has greatly improved anything,, but better banking should see a noticeable improvement.  Smaller tracks with good banking can be awsome,,, as scunthorpe and Redcar show. 

• Like 1

I think the widening has improved things a bit, I’ve not been for quite a few years but looking at some of the heats which pop up on the BSPA site from the Foxhole many of those passes wouldn’t have happened on the old narrow track. It can’t / won’t happen but it could probably do with being widened outwards rather than inwards. Hopefully the extra banking will help, can’t do any harm. 

11 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Cheers,,,,, that's cracking news,,, and can only be good. 

How does the banking work with the stock car track around it , does it form a ridge that gets flattened by the cars or leave the area as a kind of hump were the two tracks meet.

Edited by scoobydoo

There is basically a raised sausage curb around the corners,,, so add banking they need to take the inner curb downward 

Edited by Baldyman

I was there a week ago, can't say I noticed any change to the banking. Minor if any I'd say.

20 hours ago, Baldyman said:

There is basically a raised sausage 

Nothing like one of those, all to rare these days.B)

When Crump was at Saddlebow he always had the track set up for him, the other 6 didn’t have any say.  Like it or lump. 

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2020 at 8:00 AM, Arch Stanton said:

You also can’t keep chopping and changing willy nilly throughout the season. Get a reputation for that and you’ll struggle to sign riders in the winter

Didn't do Poole any harm

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hyderd said:

Didn't do Poole any harm

Money, money, money isn't just an Abba song ;-)

So what colours do we think race suits will be? 

I thought last years was good,,, bikes as well. I did hear and see a fair few saying they couldn't tell who is who under the not so bright lights. 

• Like 1