British Speedway Forum

Chris Louis told me a couple of years back he would not actually stop anyone from watching the practice days, it's just not an official event that's all. The way I see it, It's a case of the doors being open or not. They were open last year but conditions were too wet. The cafe stopped opening daily 2 or 3 years ago. 

I'm going weather permitting. 

Whenever I've been to watch I've never failed yet. 

Edited by Super Blue

On 3/10/2020 at 11:01 AM, Skidder1 said:

Is Nico in the country yet or confined to his home in Italy?

As Baldyman says and confirmed in this week's Star but Nico now has to self-isolate which could mean needing a guest at reserve for the away trip to Peterborough later this month

If he is already self isolating then his time should be done before our first meeting

Not ideal prep but hardly the most important thing in light of current circumstances around the world

Lots could still develop more generally which will impact in a more serious manner before then anyway

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If he is already self isolating then his time should be done before our first meeting

Not ideal prep but hardly the most important thing in light of current circumstances around the world

Lots could still develop more generally which will impact in a more serious manner before then anyway

So presumably he'll have to stay here for the foreseeable future, so good flying backwards and forwards if he has to self isolate everytime :unsure:

Suppose that will affect all riders wanting to fly to Europe and back;)

I think you're right Badge. It could well be that wherever they are at a certain date becomes where they have to stay

Depends on what notice is given for restrictions on travel if/when they happen  - could be like a giant game of 'runaround' (showing my age!:D) if riders are given a window to make a choice....

Soon nearly  all countries will be closing their borders with other countries so riders (if there is any speedway) will only be able to ride in one country. This will apply to all sports so make the most of the next couple of weeks if you want to see any speedway

Edited by mickthemuppet

resistance is futile.  A virus will spread, that's why they're good at it.  Containment/delay is all about minimising NHS impact and consumer panic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So Danny wins the Ben Fund which quite possibly could be the only meeting of the season. If that's the case... Ipswich will be declared the league champions as he’s our captain!

Also means that Poole win Championship 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So Danny wins the Ben Fund which quite possibly could be the only meeting of the season. If that's the case... Ipswich will be declared the league champions as he’s our captain!

As he hasn’t ridden for Poole yet that means it doesn’t count. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

As he hasn’t ridden for Poole yet that means it doesn’t count. 

since when did that matter lol

16 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Declare him British, European and World Champion while you're at it ;)

• Like 1

Looking like P+P wont be needed until at least June and possibly not at all for 2020 :(

• Sad 1

All riders in the country and “ready to race”. If all riders are here wonder if press and practice will still go ahead as planned? Can you practice without medical cover?