British Speedway Forum

Personally I believe that as and when or indeed if the season gets going it's going to be a very curtailed one that will have to run whenever, on the days where most riders are available. 

With a lot of riders having commitments in Poland, Sweden and Denmark that most likely will take priority who knows who we'll actually get to see as I'm sure the aforesaid countries will also be trying to cram in as many fixtures as possible. 

I don't mind what days of the week they run on as long as all teams get enough meetings and money in to survive the current unprecedented devastation of activities in the world. 

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

From a business point of view (if that isnt a bit crass in the current situation) the question wouldnt care a lot for those in your position (no offence intended :))

Say the midweek attendance is 1000 of which 500 couldnt/wouldnt go at weekends but a Saturday meeting gets 1500 due to attracting 1000 newbies I cant see any tears for the 500....

Absolutely appreciate my stance isn’t going to necessarily be widespread - I’d say we get good attendance at Ipswich all season long, don’t notice the difference between Thursday or Saturdays, just hope we get a decent ish seasons worth of speedway

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Absolutely appreciate my stance isn’t going to necessarily be widespread - I’d say we get good attendance at Ipswich all season long, don’t notice the difference between Thursday or Saturdays, just hope we get a decent ish seasons worth of speedway

They can put it on a Tuesday afternoon in December and I would get there unless physically impossible :t:

• Like 2

Never thought i would ever miss that noisy rabble on the back straight on a Thursday evening  :(

• Like 2

Just now, Baldyman said:

Surely some noise is good though.  Don't you agree? 

Yes of course. it's great  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Never thought i would ever miss that noisy rabble on the back straight on a Thursday evening  :(

Would you like a MASSIF video Blu? :D

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Surely some noise is good though.  Don't you agree? 

Given rider availability is going to be a huge issue right across Europe I think any kind of meetings including open ones will be the way forward once things are up and running again.

Itll be upto the riders where they wish to earn their bread but yes most will just want to see any kind of racing.

• Like 2

That will be the acid test for speedway - do they want anything that is put before them or not? It is not 1947 anymore and the possibility exists that the die hard support for speedway ( especially in the UK  ) will shrink considerably 

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

That will be the acid test for speedway - do they want anything that is put before them or not? It is not 1947 anymore and the possibility exists that the die hard support for speedway ( especially in the UK  ) will shrink considerably 

Or everyone flocks out to anything that is on offer because they can again!!

With the possible 6 month timescale of the country getting back to normal now, maybe Jason and Seth Crump will now return home to be with there family if they can get home that is,  expect they have visas that dont allow them any other work 6-8 months of no income would drain there finances 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

With the possible 6 month timescale of the country getting back to normal now, maybe Jason and Seth Crump will now return home to be with there family if they can get home that is,  expect they have visas that dont allow them any other work 6-8 months of no income would drain there finances 

Jason Crump never required a visa before as he was born in Bristol and held due nationality. As far as I am aware he didn't require a visa this year either. 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

He returned home day after Ipswich's p & p I think 

If so then his return may depend on Seth, think many teams are going to need to have to rethink there team if the season starts that is