British Speedway Forum

I remember a young Mark Loram coming to Foxhall with the Hawks in i think 1987, was probably his first season, he got out of gate infront of Donc and Jem was a bit harsh forcing his way past the young upstart:angry:

I remember going to Foxhall with the London Lions ( Never should have changed name ! ) they were on for win going into last heat two points up if memory serves me correctly. The Lions gated in last heat into first bend and Chris Louis came down. On re-run the Witches gated and ,yep , they won the meeting !! I must have gone to Foxhall 20 times or more with the Hawks over the years  as said apart from that meeting in 1972 they lost every one and mostly badly. They had won there a few times over the years but never when I was there !! ; ) FFS

I was a frequent visitor last season, full credit to the promotion , what an improvement these days all round at Foxhall. Looking forward to seeing revised track when season finually starts.

I saw Loramski at Lakeside in I think 2007 ? with the Witches early season before his sickening career ending crash. He was back to his very best, what a pity his career was ended like that. Saw him progress from interval ride around 14 years old at Hackney to a World Champion. Top rider , Top bloke !! 

Interesting watching this tonight. Firstly it shows how far the sport has fallen looking at the caliber of rider on show 22 years ago. Secondly the old track wasn't all bad those outside moves from Gollob and Rickardsson prove that plus the Louis cut back. Thirdly the crowd wasn't a big as I remember. 

Great days and sadly I doubt they will be repeated. 

Next 97 16 Lapper Gollobs Foxhall debut. Did the cowboy ride in this one? 

Edited by Spl77

Enjoyed it tonight. Cant believe how quickly the 22 years have gone!!

What a pleasure and a privilege to have had Tomasz as a Witch and just how silky smooth was Ricko!! :t:

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Enjoyed it tonight. Cant believe how quickly the 22 years have gone!!

What a pleasure and a privilege to have had Tomasz as a Witch and just how silky smooth was Ricko!! :t:

Me neither, but then i looked in the mirror  :neutral:

• Haha 1

Wonder how many of the children you see behind the Mike Western interview before the start still attend speedway today. 

16 hours ago, Spl77 said:

Interesting watching this tonight. Firstly it shows how far the sport has fallen looking at the caliber of rider on show 22 years ago. Secondly the old track wasn't all bad those outside moves from Gollob and Rickardsson prove that plus the Louis cut back. Thirdly the crowd wasn't a big as I remember. 

Great days and sadly I doubt they will be repeated. 

Next 97 16 Lapper Gollobs Foxhall debut. Did the cowboy ride in this one? 

Is that where cookie rode a lay down for the first time pass British Grand Prix winner Brian Andersen and waved as he went past !!!!!