British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Getting frustrating now with this glorious weather. How good would it be getting to Foxhall tonight? What’s even more frustrating is seeing packed beaches all over the country, being able to drink a pint in a pub next weekend and then go and sit in a Cinema and watch a movie, but not able to watch Speedway outdoors!

The 2 meters rule being reduced to 1(plus) would surely make it even easier for the majority if not all clubs to implement social distancing in Stadiums?

Likewise, I don't get the delay.  4th July would seem entirely feasible under the announced guidance - but then there are inconsistencies all the way through.  A hairdresser can open but not a nail bar??

56 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Likewise, I don't get the delay.  4th July would seem entirely feasible under the announced guidance - but then there are inconsistencies all the way through.  A hairdresser can open but not a nail bar??

Possibly because the hairdresser's can cut from the back, but you have to be face on and up close and personal to do nails;), also much more important for a haircut than false bloomin nails.

On 6/25/2020 at 7:57 PM, Badge said:

Possibly because the hairdresser's can cut from the back, but you have to be face on and up close and personal to do nails;), also much more important for a haircut than false bloomin nails.

How about reflexology or is there a danger of getting some covid juice on your big toe?  ;)

4 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

How about reflexology or is there a danger of getting some covid juice on your big toe?  ;)

Depends how clean you keep your feet I suppose :unsure:

On 6/25/2020 at 7:57 PM, Badge said:

Don't know how many women's hairdressers wash hair from the back, nearly always face to face. Inconsistencies is why people are confused and not complying with the guidance. Speedway has very limited risk and I think should be able to resume now. 

• Like 1

I was just wondering seeing what Wolves have said if there is no speedway this year or Ipswich decide not to run would they resign the current 1 to 7 for next year? 

Recognise anywhere or who?

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 9:33 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Getting frustrating now with this glorious weather. How good would it be getting to Foxhall tonight? What’s even more frustrating is seeing packed beaches all over the country, being able to drink a pint in a pub next weekend and then go and sit in a Cinema and watch a movie, but not able to watch Speedway outdoors!

The 2 meters rule being reduced to 1(plus) would surely make it even easier for the majority if not all clubs to implement social distancing in 

Well I've just had the day at Chessington. All perfectly fine with nothing in place that couldnt happen at a speedway meeting......

Let's get it on!!

• Like 1

Will be fantastic,,,but having been on furlough all this time,,, gonna have to take a serious look at the finances. 

Fingers and everything else crossed we can watch some racing in August! I’m sure every other promoter will take exactly the same precautions as Chris Louis has just said he’ll be doing at Ipswich. PPE for staff, socially distancing, hand sanitizing are all perfectly doable to make a couple of hours in the open air watching Speedway no more or less of a risk than most of us will encounter in our day to day lives. Let’s get on with it. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

It's rather odd than we cannot go to watch live speedway in this country yet we can watch more live speedway matches on television than any other year. Sometimes 5 times a week 

17 hours ago, Badge said:

Let’s hope this comes to fruition. 

It has to be safer than going to a pub or restaurant.

• Like 1

Apparently there is a big meeting of the league bosses planned in two weeks time. Perhaps we will hear something shortly after that. My wife has her hair done at the hairdressers that Kyle Howarth's mother works at.