British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Fingers and everything else crossed we can watch some racing in August! I’m sure every other promoter will take exactly the same precautions as Chris Louis has just said he’ll be doing at Ipswich. PPE for staff, socially distancing, hand sanitizing are all perfectly doable to make a couple of hours in the open air watching Speedway no more or less of a risk than most of us will encounter in our day to day lives. Let’s get on with it. 

If muzzles are compulsory, i'm not going...

• Like 3

Surely, that’s the green light for speedway from 11th July.

If I can sit outside watching an arts performance then I can watch speedway whilst socially distanced.

Is Crump on his way?

17 hours ago, JamesB said:

Surely, that’s the green light for speedway from 11th July.

If I can sit outside watching an arts performance then I can watch speedway whilst socially distanced.

Is Crump on his way?

Amber light at the very best

Anyone follow Adam Ellis? The bad news is he has fell off his mountain bike and broken his wrist (fingers crossed for a speedy recovery)

The good news....... his post says he needs to work on his recovery to hopefully be ready when racing starts in a couple of weeks......

51 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Anyone follow Adam Ellis? The bad news is he has fell off his mountain bike and broken his wrist (fingers crossed for a speedy recovery)

The good news....... his post says he needs to work on his recovery to hopefully be ready when racing starts in a couple of weeks......

Depends where he is racing!!!!

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Depends where he is racing!!!!

Yeah - it could be the French League :)

23 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yeah - it could be the French League :)

I thought the French League had finished?

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought the French League had finished?

No idea - quite possibly!! 

I see nicolai has now signed for swedish team starting in August ;)

29 minutes ago, Badge said:

I see nicolai has now signed for swedish team starting in August ;)

Which wouldnt be a good sign for the UK as I've seen it stated that Sweden plan to use every Tuesday and Thursday...

I think whether we see Nicolai or not will be heavily dependent on what type of speedway we actually get to see, if any! 

If Individual meetings were on the cards then no. 

If we were to see some sort of curtailed league I believe given his previously stated commitment he would ride for us on a Thursday. 

All we need is to get the go ahead and we'll find out. 

On 7/9/2020 at 3:06 PM, one of clubs said:

Apparently there is a big meeting of the league bosses planned in two weeks time. Perhaps we will hear something shortly after that. My wife has her hair done at the hairdressers that Kyle Howarth's mother works at.

Why 2 weeks time? This meetiing should have already happened and a plan to run should be on the governments table awaiting a green light. At this rate there will still be BSPA meetings in the autumn, then the season will start only to be postponed after lots of rain offs. The BSPA will then issue a statement staying they did all they could and "what more could they do?"

I had heard at the end of April that the season would not go ahead this year due to certain promoters saying it was not viable due the rider availability and "full" crowds needed. :blink:  Speedway doesn't have the most proactive of approaches to getting things sorted. Now is the time for someone to step up.

Looks as though no speedway in 2020 will be the case..... :unsure:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Super Blue said:

I think whether we see Nicolai or not will be heavily dependent on what type of speedway we actually get to see, if any! 

If Individual meetings were on the cards then no. 

If we were to see some sort of curtailed league I believe given his previously stated commitment he would ride for us on a Thursday. 

All we need is to get the go ahead and we'll find out. 

To be fair to any rider..

If anyone had two job opportunities at the same time, you will usually go where you will get paid the most..

Even more so I would think if you had only a restricted time in which to earn as much as you can..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Which wouldnt be a good sign for the UK as I've seen it stated that Sweden plan to use every Tuesday and Thursday...

also you have to isolate for 14 days from sweden so that's no good yet from poland its ok !!