British Speedway Forum

Spedeworth / Incarace are pleased to announce the first racing fixture back at Foxhall Heath Stadium, Ipswich will take place on Saturday 25th July 2020.

The event will feature the following:-

Unlimited National Bangers – BWS Round
National Hot Rods – 2020/21 World Qualifying Round 1

First race will start at 6.30pm.

Driver Bookings are being taken now by calling 01252 322920. When you book-in you must provide us the name(s) of the other person(s) who will be using your ticket(s) e.g. mechanics / family. If your crew includes extra people you must pay for them in advance with their names. Your crew cannot exceed the total of 6 people which must be your mechanics / pit crew and this rule has been put in place so you can bring your partner plus your children. You MUST pay for their tickets and include their names at the same time as booking-in. This is to coincide with the COVID-19 rules for track and trace. Your crew will be allowed within the area of the stadium allocated and will be permitted pit access. All other spectators will be located on the back straight and within the Spedeworth / Yokohama Grandstands and will not be permitted pit access.

Spectators will be permitted at this event. However, spectator admission will be limited by advanced ticket booking only and full details will be announced in due course once the ORCi have done the agreements and risk assessments with the local authorities. It is anticipated that spectators will be on the back straight and in the Spedeworth & Yokohama Grandstands whilst drivers and their crew members will be located on the turnstile bend and home straight. No spectators will be permitted to leave the stadium once entered except for leaving the stadium to go home.

Let’s go racing at Foxhall!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Lost for words, and breathe wearing that hideous thing...

Not for me either 

Ugly and expensive,,,, again not for me,,, but at least they made an effort. And as always,,, some will love it 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Ugly and expensive,,,, again not for me,,, but at least they made an effort. And as always,,, some will love it 

Is it not Questionable that you would have to wear it outside at the speedway though.

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Is it not Questionable that you would have to wear it outside at the speedway though.

Not as questionable as the fashion statement that is the Wulfsport jacket :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I thought you were talking about Jason crump !!!

• Haha 2

I see the 'Crump effect' has led to the return of Steve Johnston and Shane Parker to competitive racing in Aussie!!!!

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I see the 'Crump effect' has led to the return of Steve Johnston and Shane Parker to competitive racing in Aussie!!!!

That's the Witches heat leader trio sorted for next year... :D

• Haha 5

Dean Cox from the stocks on Radio Suffolk indicated that the max capacity is in the region of 20% of the norm for the opening meeting on the 25th

By that at Foxhall that means it's still around 2000...

So shouldn't be an issue for speedway then ! 

I didn't know till recently that the 3rd and 4th bends at Foxhall were closed on most stock car meetings as well as speedway, it's only the really big events where its all open. 

"I am not going back to England this season (there is no estimated return date), and I don't think I will be next season either. I have been working for two months in a large factory of one of my main sponsors. I have a very good job, which also It would allow me to race on Saturdays and Sundays, "said Nico, who this year would defend the colors of the Ipswich Witches and Kent Kings.

"I was not having fun in England, it was too much pressure having to always run thinking about making a certain number of points per series to live and support the family. And this pandemic changed all my plans, but it helped me to say what I already had in mind last year, "Nico clarified. 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

"I am not going back to England this season (there is no estimated return date), and I don't think I will be next season either. I have been working for two months in a large factory of one of my main sponsors. I have a very good job, which also It would allow me to race on Saturdays and Sundays, "said Nico, who this year would defend the colors of the Ipswich Witches and Kent Kings.

"I was not having fun in England, it was too much pressure having to always run thinking about making a certain number of points per series to live and support the family. And this pandemic changed all my plans, but it helped me to say what I already had in mind last year, "Nico clarified. 

There isn't a sad enough emoji for how this makes me feel.

A Proper on-the-boards racer, and fan favourite.

Good luck with your future endeavours Nico, we'll miss you.

• Like 3