British Speedway Forum

So Chris is proposing we keep the same teams next year??? Knowing Nico isn't coming back. 

Shame about this season,,, but nothing they could do. 

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

So Chris is proposing we keep the same teams next year??? Knowing Nico isn't coming back. 

Do you think there will be a next season. I think the Government will keep the 'fear' going well into 2021...

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Mike western posted that apparently the wording was wrong or something,  apparently as long as he can get flights back and forth to Italy he's a goer 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Do you think there will be a next season. I think the Government will keep the 'fear' going well into 2021...

I do agree with the sentiment. What I cannot get is the mix messages. Today through until the 23rd masks are not necessary and all the data shows that cases etc are at a low yet come the 24th masks are necessary to go into shops. I can however go to a pub, restaurant, lido or theatre but cannot stand outside in the fresh air with a mask and watch sport be it Speedway or any other sport. Amateurs can go ahead but professionals are prohibited from working. Poland and Sweden can run but the U.K. cannot. Boris and the government have totally lost the plot and frankly it is time that the majority of law abiding citizens told these amateurs to f... off. They have cocked up the pandemic, the Brexit negotiations and left the country with a huge financial debt. Thankfully the 60 and 70 year olds are not to blame this time it is the morons and younger generation who lack any business acumen added to which you have the  career politicians who have never held down a job in the real world and have mortgaged the economy up to the hilt. All those who bang on about government financial help, where is it suppose to come from, someone will have to pick up the tab. You rep what you sow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/21/2020 at 8:52 PM, Hawk127 said:

I do agree with the sentiment. What I cannot get is the mix messages. Today through until the 23rd masks are not necessary and all the data shows that cases etc are at a low yet come the 24th masks are necessary to go into shops. I can however go to a pub, restaurant, lido or theatre but cannot stand outside in the fresh air with a mask and watch sport be it Speedway or any other sport. Amateurs can go ahead but professionals are prohibited from working. Poland and Sweden can run but the U.K. cannot. Boris and the government have totally lost the plot and frankly it is time that the majority of law abiding citizens told these amateurs to f... off. They have cocked up the pandemic, the Brexit negotiations and left the country with a huge financial debt. Thankfully the 60 and 70 year olds are not to blame this time it is the morons and younger generation who lack any business acumen added to which you have the  career politicians who have never held down a job in the real world and have mortgaged the economy up to the hilt. All those who bang on about government financial help, where is it suppose to come from, someone will have to pick up the tab. You rep what you sow.

Next week they'll be announcing you must wear a mask when shopping online.

13 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Next week they'll be announcing you must wear a mask when shopping online.

What about trousers? :shock::D

• Haha 1

Not sure if Bob the trackman still looks on here,,, if you do Bob,, can you answer a couple of questions please.  Will no racing on the track  have done any good? Bad? Or does it need constant looking after to stop the base breaking up or damaging it?   

Edited by Baldyman

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Not sure if Bob the trackman still looks on here,,, if you do Bob,, can you answer a couple of questions please.  Will no racing on the track  have done any good? Bad? Or does it need constant looking after to stop the base breaking up or damaging it?   

Hi Baldyman the track is in great condition  .few little cracks in it but soon as you start watering/rain they will disappear thanks for enquiring bob

Edited by the quiet one
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Won't be hard to spot your team mate wearing those...

Spent 18 holes stuck behind young Cam yesterday. Him and his buddy wouldn't let me play through, must be a speedway thing B)

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2020 at 12:28 PM, Blupanther said:

Spent 18 holes stuck behind young Cam yesterday. Him and his buddy wouldn't let me play through, must be a speedway thing B)

Well I hope you strictly adhered to this:lol:

• Haha 3