British Speedway Forum

21 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Think that will apply to all teams.

Probably,,, but it's Chris Louis income,,, most other clubs owners have other business as income. 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I'm guessing for a club like Ipswich, it's going to be more about bums on seats than a winning team this year.  

Shouldn’t that be no.1 priority at all times? A winning team is a bonus on top of that.

10 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Shouldn’t that be no.1 priority at all times? A winning team is a bonus on top of that.

Depends how you or I see sport. I see sport as doing all you can to win.  

23 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

As a supporter i like to see my team win everything if they can.Now if i was the owner i would want to make money first and win something second.As a business you always want to run at a profit don't you?There is a fine balance though as some supporters will only turn up to see a winning team.So while wanting to make money you also need a competitive team to get those extra supporters through the turnstiles.

49 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I quite agree - but not if it means the team won’t be there next season.

• Like 2

Is Seth still doing his racing (is it car racing, I can't remember) in the UK this year? I thought that was the main reason why Jason was coming back to the UK?

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is Seth still doing his racing (is it car racing, I can't remember) in the UK this year? I thought that was the main reason why Jason was coming back to the UK?

Motorbike racing,,, and yes he is racing in this country again this year. 

• Thanks 1

Rumour of Crump to Sheffield (replacing Pedersen)

Believe Seth is signed to MSS Kawasaki which is Colchester based to Crump riding for Ipswich fits in very well with all logistics 

It's very interesting now, much was made of signing Crump and it produced quite alot of attention.... Maybe there will be a further reduction in this average.... I would be suprised if he isn't at Ipswich however I was surprised he signed last winter anything is possible! 

Be interesting to see who our other reserve will be,,,anyone got any ideas? Not many riders around on a 3 to 4 that isn't a rising star, and that might be half decent. 

Is Chris Holder available to clubs in this country? Maybe we’ll revert to last years plan A? Think he’s on an average just over 6, over two  points lower than Crump. 

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Is Chris Holder available to clubs in this country? Maybe we’ll revert to last years plan A? Think he’s on an average just over 6, over two  points lower than Crump. 

No- he rides Extraleague with Torun now and is riding in Sweden for Indianerna.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Be interesting to see who our other reserve will be,,,anyone got any ideas? Not many riders around on a 3 to 4 that isn't a rising star, and that might be half decent. 

Tom Brennan would make a good reserve pair with Kemp. 

• Like 1