British Speedway Forum

Is he not a rising star? Or can you have more than one,,, if there is enough to go round. 

Edited by Baldyman

Crumps average way to high , hasn’t won a meet in Australia in the off season,what are you all seeing that i am not? Number 1 ? Hope he comes cheap ,might come good in 2022 ,not as easy he he thought,need more than good gear

And the riders that have beaten him are way lower on the pecking order, supposedly. I don't have a problem with him being in the Ipswich line up,,, but on a more realistic average of 6. I don't see the point of having a rider that will clearly drop his average by possibly a quarter.  As already said though,,, it may all be about bums on seats.  Or maybe he will be somewhere else. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

And the riders that have beaten him are way lower on the pecking order, supposedly. I don't have a problem with him being in the Ipswich line up,,, but on a more realistic average of 6. I don't see the point of having a rider that will clearly drop his average by possibly a quarter.  As already said though,,, it may all be about bums on seats.  Or maybe he will be somewhere else. 

Bums on seats comes with winning, will struggle to get off to good start  in heat 1 races for first six months,I would rather see a showman / future up comming young guns like Allen and break in Kemp than wasting money on crumps maybee’s ,a big risk  on 2020 teams picked number1’s

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

And that is?

Will be announced in the next few weeks 

Can you give us a clue on what average roughly? Then we can start guessing. 

Edited by Baldyman

It’s an interesting one as you’d assume whoever it is is on a hefty average? If he’s the best number 6 in the league. Not doable if Crump is retained on his inflated average at 1. Throws up all sorts of questions! Newcomer on an assessed average perhaps?

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It’s an interesting one as you’d assume whoever it is is on a hefty average? If he’s the best number 6 in the league. Not doable if Crump is retained on his inflated average at 1. Throws up all sorts of questions! Newcomer on an assessed average perhaps?

That's maybe what I'm thinking,, a new rider to these shores on  a 4. Or is it Johno making his comeback, :rofl:

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Or maybe Chris has been inspired by Crumpy and decided to give it another bash :D

To be fair I expect Chris could still do the business at foxhall.  I remember at mildenhall when he promoted there the riders said the track was unfit.  Chris jumped on a bike and went round absolutely fine and declared the meeting would go ahead !!!

• Like 1

I wonder what average Gino would be on might be worth a go in a watered down league, depending on covid issues. 

• Confused 1

I think Max ruml would be a great signing to have at Ipswich. Just won the AMA national back in December. The Americans typically go well on the smaller tracks so foxhall is perfect. He deserves a chance to try out in Europe in my opinion 

• Like 1

What i don;t understand is that there are quite a few european riders who won't be riding in 2021 yet their clubs are all over social media saying they are using the same team or trying to, I don't think many at the BSPA actually spoke to their 2021 riders beforehand to see if most are coming back in 2021

There are going to be absolute bucket loads of team changes