British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, ScunnyDan said:
To all involved in British Speedway.
As you may have read by now through club statements it is with deep regret that I have had to pull out of competing in British Speedway in 2021, due to the current situation with regards to Covid19, there can be no guarantees regarding the number of meetings that will take place and unfortunately this has cost me my place in British Speedway for 2021
It is a simple case of not being in a position to afford to race professionally after the financial losses of 2020, as an Aussie I am unable to support myself financially in the UK as Visa restrictions do not allow me to work other than race Speedway, and therefor if the season of 2021 is cancelled then I can not guarantee that I would be in a position to return home, plus even if I managed to get home there is a compulsory quarantine at a cost of around $3500.
It is extremely disappointing that I will miss the 2021 season, I believe I have improved as a rider over the past few seasons and still believe that I have the ability to play a key role in British Speedway, I genuinely enjoy all aspects of being able to compete in British Speedway and I will be spending all my time throughout the remainder of this year to come back in 2022, please understand that having to take a year out of racing is not what any rider wants to do but I want everyone involved in British Speedway to understand that I am 100% committed to British racing when circumstances allow.
I still have a long journey ahead in this sport and racing in the UK is a key aspect of this journey.
I want to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable season in 2021, and I will see everyone soon.
All the best,
Jake Allen.

From Facebook and pinched from scunny thread

Edited by Badge

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Fair enough can’t argue with him at all. You’d have to think Crump amongst others will take the same view. 

Crump will be here As long as Seth still racing over here

Just now, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

I can’t see either being here personally. We’ll see. 

9 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Seth?

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

At least it solves the problem of choosing between crump and klint now.  Both can be retained if they wish 

They can,, but wouldn't that mean we would have three 3 pointers in the team