British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, spin king said:

Anyone find it a bit strange that Ipswich have named their top 6, but not their Rising Star rider.

I would have thought that the choice was pretty straightforward with it been Drew Kemp.

Or perhaps there has been a change of heart and they will go with a different rider.

Could Ipswich be looking to tempt Josh Bates or could they be considering offering Tom Brennan to East Anglia. 

You can keep Bates and we will stick with Drew thanks

10am Tuesday 16th seems to be favourite for the announcement (all teams in one go as per previous statement)

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

10am Tuesday 16th seems to be favourite for the announcement (all teams in one go as per previous statement)

Well it is only 6 riders.

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

I actually think the No1 being missing now has less impact than ever given the make up of the teams so a chance to try something different..

When the No1's ran 10 and 11 point plus averages, they made a huge difference to a team so invariably had to get replaced by a similar calibre rider...

Now some will be seven or eight point men it means the 'top five' at most teams will not be too many points apart..

And as it's basically a "free hit" this year, maybe they could test the water and see if something 'different' works?..

Ome thing is certain you will never get any major company sponsorship of the teams by running with guests, as they wouldnt be too pleased financing the success of other teams to the detriment of their own I would think.. 

Still think it depends on the quality of the number one. 

3 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

no as they are not allowed to. 

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-witches-2021-team-7303272

Ipswich are still to announce rider No.7, as all draft picks will be announced in one go next week.

Not so apparently, Wolves announcing theirs tomorrow at 10am.

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not down to you or me, down to the Promoters.

Just think you might finish up with Josh Bates in your team this coming season.:o 

Kemp is in a position of strength, he’s one of the plum picks for the number 7 “rising star” role and he’ll know that full well. Maybe he’s changed his demands because of that? Not saying he has, but it’s entirely possible. 

9 hours ago, spin king said:

Not down to you or me, down to the Promoters.

Just think you might finish up with Josh Bates in your team this coming season.:o 

I would be disappointed if it turned out that he was despite Bates being the best available on the list from a likely points scoring point of view

Him being on the list though is wrong and picking him would show a lack of integrity 

For me integrity is at least equal to winning.....

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I would be disappointed if it turned out that he was despite Bates being the best available on the list from a likely points scoring point of view

Him being on the list though is wrong and picking him would show a lack of integrity 

For me integrity is at least equal to winning.....

Spot on. 

• Like 2

Well that’s that settled then :D

‘Rising Star’ Criteria

Rising Stars riders are 24 as of the 1st January of the current year or have less than three years professional league experience to also allow other motorbike sport crossovers ie: motocross, grasstrack etc, have an average under a Premiership League CMA (Calculated Match Average) of 5.50, or under a Championship League CMA of 6.50.

Riders whose average is above a Premiership League CMA of 3.00 and a Championship League CMA of 3.50 are classified as a 4-star rider. 

Riders whose average is below a Championship League CMA of 3.50 and above 3.00 are classified as 3-star rider.

Riders whose average is assessed or has a minimum Championship League CMA of 2.00 and below 3.00 are classified as a 2-star rider.

Riders who have not competed in any professional league are classified as a 1-star rider.

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Not so apparently, Wolves announcing theirs tomorrow at 10am.

Yup along with all the PL rising stars....