British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Outside in open air that is ridiculous, can understand having to wear one going into toilets etc but outside with reduced capacity so distanced, just no need. 

Please state your medical qualification to make such a statement?

8 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

An O level in common sense......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

So for the last few weeks, you can sit at a table outside with others and not had to wear one. On 17 May you can sit inside a pub and don’t have to wear one, yet they saying got to wear one at a completely open outdoor stadium. 

Edited by Rob B
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Could have sword I read on a championship clubs website that face masks were not mandatory inside the stadium, was it Newcastle maybe? Could be wrong. Different rules for different clubs?

Im sitting outside the pub now without one, absolutely bonkers 

Different rules for different councils one presumes.

Having to wear a mask outside while having to distance is utterly ridiculous but if that’s what the council says then so be it I guess. 

• Like 3

I haven't been on here for years. But would like to add yes it's bonkers but having attended the stock cars last year, face masks had to be worn there were stewards

to enforce and in the end the bar was shut to stop the I'm drinking excuse. I hated it and still do but to get a petrol fix I guess I will have to abide.

The same went on at Lynn for the stock cars with a steward monitoring the toilets it was like asking sir to go to the loo

·     It also says the following:-

"  If you are in a seated area when moving past others please avoid face to face contact with others"

For goodness sake if you've got a mask on what difference will it make if you look at someone, especially as we can stand in the car park without masks and chat to people.  What on earth has happened to common sense!!

21st June all restrictions are hopefully being removed so I won't be going to Ipswich before then.  

• Like 1

So I think a long 2 foot French stick to eat should just about be enough for a meeting

Sorry I'm eating 

Edited by Baldyman

The following is taken from the official government website 're face coverings, one of the exemptions 're age might apply to a few speedway supporters !!

Exemption cards

If you have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering:

• you do not routinely need to show any written evidence of this
  • you do not need show an exemption card

This means that you do not need to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about your reason for not wearing a face covering.

However, some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

Carrying an exemption card or badge is a personal choice and is not required by law.

Does worry me, with people wanting do do it "my way" instead of adhering what the authorities say.  My concern is, there will be another wave of COVID, clamp down again, and the holiday the wife and I have in the UK being spoilt for second year running.  This years holiday is booked for middle July, it is to Norfolk for a week, and when you go on holiday you put money into the local economy, they need it now more then ever.  Hope idiots dont spoil it for everyone. If you cant do what is asked, then please dont go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dill said:

I haven't been on here for years. But would like to add yes it's bonkers but having attended the stock cars last year, face masks had to be worn there were stewards

to enforce and in the end the bar was shut to stop the I'm drinking excuse. I hated it and still do but to get a petrol fix I guess I will have to abide.

The same went on at Lynn for the stock cars with a steward monitoring the toilets it was like asking sir to go to the loo

I’ll give it a miss. 

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Does worry me, with people wanting do do it "my way" instead of adhering what the authorities say.  My concern is, there will be another wave of COVID, clamp down again, and the holiday the wife and I have in the UK being spoilt for second year running.  This years holiday is booked for middle July, it is to Norfolk for a week, and when you go on holiday you put money into the local economy, they need it now more then ever.  Hope idiots dont spoil it for everyone. If you cant do what is asked, then please dont go.

I'm sure nearly all will behave themselves so you can have your holiday. 

Nineteen quid .... that’s taking the wee a bit. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Nineteen quid .... that’s taking the wee a bit. 

1. Ex- World Champs don't come cheap.... 

2. Some might say that its only an extra quid and look at all the money saved over the last year..

3. but yeah certainly does take the #';£ and many will think about the Value they are getting after the novelty has worn off.