British Speedway Forum

56 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Nineteen quid .... that’s taking the wee a bit. 

Maybe it won't be only the fans wearing masks.. :D

• Haha 2

I get the price increase,,, everything always goes up,,, but I haven't had a wage increase in 3 years now,, so eventually something will have to give as disposable income gets less and less. I'm sure I'm not the only one. This time the increase hasn't pushed me over the edge,, but next time it might. 

• Like 1

The admission rise must grate with some of those who contributed towards the near 4k that ended up being donated to the riders ,theres obviously some who will be happy to have some speedway but not all will see it that way and maybe wish they hadn't been quite so generous.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Badge said:

Masks to be worn, except exempt and children under 11

oh the joy of going to speedway.lol.  stay apart, face masks,  which can only be removed for eating and drinking  no social interaction  etc etc.  well f..k that  and if thats for all speedway  then they can shove it.  i expect their will be covid marshalls to enforce the stupid rules and making sure the zombies are keeping their  2 metre distance and following the arrows on them directional arrows on the ground. i can only hope that grasstrack  doesnt  follow this madness

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

·     It also says the following:-

"  If you are in a seated area when moving past others please avoid face to face contact with others"

For goodness sake if you've got a mask on what difference will it make if you look at someone, especially as we can stand in the car park without masks and chat to people.  What on earth has happened to common sense!!

21st June all restrictions are hopefully being removed so I won't be going to Ipswich before then.  

I'm with you 100% on that one...

I feel a bit sorry for the Ipswich  promotion 're Masks as they probably have to follow Council rules or they can't run the meeting yet at Eastbourne Masks only have to be worn inside ie toilets and turnstiles.  At Eastbourne entry is by pre bought ticket online only yet at Ipswich you can turn up and if they've not reached capacity you can pay at the turnstile with cash and surely money changing hands carries more germ risks than standing outside without a mask.  Roll on June 21st

6 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

The following is taken from the official government website 're face coverings, one of the exemptions 're age might apply to a few speedway supporters !!

Exemption cards

If you have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering:

• you do not routinely need to show any written evidence of this
  • you do not need show an exemption card

This means that you do not need to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about your reason for not wearing a face covering.

However, some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

Carrying an exemption card or badge is a personal choice and is not required by law..

A prime example of the Comedy Gold the Government keep on giving

Everyone should wear a mask except those who don't want too, and they wonder why its lockdown after lockdown. I don't like wearing masks as they do affect my breathing due to asthma and old age, but it should be everybody wears a mask in any enclosed public area, only exemptions are by a Dr and put onto you NHS track and trace app, if you don't have a smartphone you get a photo ID card saying your exempt which can be checked by shop staff etc

No Mask or medical exemption from a Dr then you're not coming in

Edited by Triple.H.
operator error

Maybe the club have miscommunicated the wearing of masks

As for the £19.... may of just as well made it £20

Are away fans allowed tickets for speedway meetings ? As Sheffield fans 4 of us want to attend the Ipswich v Sheffield meeting. We have all had the covid vaccination and will travel together not wearing masks in the confined space of a car for around a 4 hour journey. Then when at the stadium we are asked to wear a mask for a couple of hours social distancing in an open air stadium?? Then return home with another 4 hours in the car. I find this quite confusing. Are all premier league track following the same guidelines or is this just Ipswich rules? 

2 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Are away fans allowed tickets for speedway meetings ? As Sheffield fans 4 of us want to attend the Ipswich v Sheffield meeting. We have all had the covid vaccination and will travel together not wearing masks in the confined space of a car for around a 4 hour journey. Then when at the stadium we are asked to wear a mask for a couple of hours social distancing in an open air stadium?? Then return home with another 4 hours in the car. I find this quite confusing. Are all premier league track following the same guidelines or is this just Ipswich rules? 

The rules are different at each track not due to the clubs but to the local councils

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

The admission rise must grate with some of those who contributed towards the near 4k that ended up being donated to the riders ,theres obviously some who will be happy to have some speedway but not all will see it that way and maybe wish they hadn't been quite so generous.

It doesn't affect those who contributed to that as they still have their season ticket for the same price.....

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I get the price increase,,, everything always goes up,,, but I haven't had a wage increase in 3 years now,, so eventually something will have to give as disposable income gets less and less. I'm sure I'm not the only one. This time the increase hasn't pushed me over the edge,, but next time it might. 

2019 price £18

Inflation at 2.5% for 2 years is pretty much £19....

• Like 1

I think this is one of best rules to have been launched.   All Ippo fans to wear masks.  Should have happened years back. .  Hopefully full Face ones. ;):D

Edited by semion
  • Haha 4

Boo bloody hoo , so we've got to wear a face mask for probably the 1st few months of the season until restrictions are eased . 

Well why don't we ask the Swindon fans if they'd be prepared to wear a mask in the stadium if it meant they could see their team on track this season ? 

We've been following guidelines and restrictions for the best part of 14 months now what's another few months if it allows the sport of speedway to start this season. 

Look at the bigger picture people , before it's too late . 

• Like 7