British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Pob said:

Boo bloody hoo , so we've got to wear a face mask for probably the 1st few months of the season until restrictions are eased . 

Well why don't we ask the Swindon fans if they'd be prepared to wear a mask in the stadium if it meant they could see their team on track this season ? 

We've been following guidelines and restrictions for the best part of 14 months now what's another few months if it allows the sport of speedway to start this season. 

Look at the bigger picture people , before it's too late . 

Good for you you go and enjoy yourself. Personally, I’ve had a gutful of the whole damn thing. Yesterday, I was given a volley of abuse from one person as my mask wasn’t all the way up yards before I’d even reached the doors of the supermarket. I’ve abided by the rules and never refused to wear one, and was fully prepared to raise my mask over my nose when I actually reached the supermarket like I have every time before. What the hell has happened to people? Sick to the back teeth of it all. 

Be ar$ed with standing there for a couple of hours with a mask on especially if draconian measures are in place like in the post above where we’re going to be monitored by stewards like naughty school kids. I don’t miss it that much. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2021 at 8:59 PM, Falcon1983 said:

Maybe the club have miscommunicated the wearing of masks

As for the £19.... may of just as well made it £20

Belle Vue have...

37 quid for me and my 18 year old student lad to stand....

Ouch....

Looks like Eurosport coverage for me....

7 hours ago, mikebv said:

Belle Vue have...

37 quid for me and my 18 year old student lad to stand....

Ouch....

Looks like Eurosport coverage for me....

Well it should be £15 or £20 most press releases are asking fans to bring correct change, so might as well round it up or down £19 means handling change, it's a no from me

12 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Well it should be £15 or £20 most press releases are asking fans to bring correct change, so might as well round it up or down £19 means handling change, it's a no from me

Pay £20 and tell them to keep the change? Put it in a charity pot? I can understand people thinking £20 is too much money, but people are made because they won’t go because it’s £19 and not £20 :D

• Like 1

Or just get with the times and buy your ticket online, far easier anyway! 

Buy a £20 lottery advance ticket online and hope that the weather is good, the teams turn up as advertised and not full of R/R , guests.

Speedway will have a big problem with advance online ticketing in the fickle British climate.  

Understand those are the rules imposed .... but upping admission charges for cut price riders and advance ticketing only is a hard sell.

• Like 5

Does anyone know the situation with 'smoking' are you allowed to remove the gimp mask?

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

NO Just up the filthy habit.

I asked a question there was no need to be offensive you horrible little person!

No you have to smoke them through your mask mwahahaha.  

I'm sure you'll be able to remove a mask to smoke in a designated area

Recently at work in front of someone being interviewed for a job, I lit a posh smelly candle using a match, I then attempted to blow the match out forgetting I was wearing my mask...

After several burnt fingers the interviewee decided he was too intelligent to work with me

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

I'm sure you'll be able to remove a mask to smoke in a designated area

Recently at work in front of someone being interviewed for a job, I lit a posh smelly candle using a match, I then attempted to blow the match out forgetting I was wearing my mask...

After several burnt fingers the interviewee decided he was too intelligent to work with me

Lol 

10 hours ago, Trees said:

No you have to smoke them through your mask mwahahaha.  

Welcome to the East German Premier league!

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Have the Witches got a p and p day? 

Think there may be something happening on Friday