British Speedway Forum

Not sure Heeps is under performing,,, in 2019 he scored well from reserve,,, when moved into main body,, scored like he is now. Maybe this is just his level. Not all riders keep getting better. 

• Like 2

With injuries to Crump and now Stewart plus the fixture clashes in June, its imperative that changes to the line up are made quickly.

Stewart looked out of his depth and when he recovers he'll need to rebuild his confidence at the lower level.

Having swapped out Klindt I believe we do have some margin to play with before averages are updated.

18 minutes ago, TheSpecialOne said:

With injuries to Crump and now Stewart plus the fixture clashes in June, its imperative that changes to the line up are made quickly.

Stewart looked out of his depth and when he recovers he'll need to rebuild his confidence at the lower level.

Having swapped out Klindt I believe we do have some margin to play with before averages are updated.

You can't be considering getting rid of Crump, surely? How long is he out for?

Crump is one of the few reasons for me to retain some form of interest in this year's league.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Crump is one of the few reasons for me to retain some form of interest in this year's league.

Has been said 'a few weeks' 

If so he could miss more than Klindt wouldve done!!

Very few options for replacement or guests - we could be fielding a team effectively 4 points under the limit on a number of occasions 

19 minutes ago, Grachan said:

My guess is, based on Crump not being out for too long, but missing at least 3 dates where we would have to field Championship replacements or R/R, is the later.

If that were the option we would need 4 strong options in the main body.  Therefore a significant strengthening of Stewarts position is much needed.  I believe he has a 4.00 average and we could go up to ~5.80.

could they not look at something like this, now could be way off as I cannot seem to find the team building points limit anywhere ha

1 . Crump 8.00 (Replaced by Cook for 28 days 7.59)
2. Heeps 6.17
4. Allen 5.70
5. King 6.85
6. Rowe 3.00
7. Kemp 3*

not sure who can fill that gap? What is left 5.78? or more?

If so would any of these fit, Jakobsen, Wells, Pickering, Starke, Barker, Wethers, Auty?

Not many option if any of these fit anyway 

17 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

What would Kennet be on?

A lawnmower....

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

What would Kennet be on?

A drilling machine to adapt exhausts

• Haha 4

I'd have asked Cook if he fancied guesting tonight vs the stars.... then again vs the Aces.  Something to prove to both occasions....

Annoyingly for Ipswich, with 5.78 points to fill, if this situation had come up a few weeks earlier, they could have fit Richard Lawson in exactly on a 5.78 average.

1. Jason Crump 8.00

2. 5.78

3. Cameron Heeps 6.17

4. Jake Allen 5.70

5. Danny King 6.85

6. Anders Rowe 3.00

7. Drew Kemp ***

Options available...

Edward Kennett 5.53 - Although I hear he rides a lawnmower? May not be able to keep up with a speedway bike

Nico Covatti 5.27 - Can someone convince him to come back over this year? Would love to see it

Ben Barker 5.42 - Ipswich connections, and I'm sure he'll be back in a week or two from his broken fingers

Bradley Wilson-Dean 5.47 - In England looking for a team I hear? Would be brilliant at number 2

Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 4.61 - Underrated rider imo, would do a decent job in the PL this year if given an extended run

Claus Vissing 4.43 - PLEASE someone allow him to come back over so the Diamonds can resign him, we desperately need someone like him in our team

Ricky Wells 4.00 - Options starting to drop off now, but would still be better than Jordan Stewart

Krystian Pieszczek would be cool to see back over in uk too... Not sure if he'd be allowed with the Polish rules and really don't think it would be logical with all the travel restriction in place... Would be nice to see though

Don't see the appeal for Josh Auty because, as a PL club, you'd never be visiting the Eddie Wright Raceway, which is the only track he can ride? Pointless signing...

Wonder if yous could develop the technology to clone Jake Allen, he'd fit in on a 5.70 average and it'd probably be easier than trying to persuade any oversees riders from coming over here

I'd take Kennet, Barker, Wilson-Dean

Jakobsen when he was at Rye House used to go well at Foxhall then I think (could be wrong) his most recent visits haven't been great plus he's not UK based no?

So I'd take one of the top 3 let Cookie guest for Crumpet til he is fit 

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

I'd take Kennet, Barker, Wilson-Dean

Jakobsen when he was at Rye House used to go well at Foxhall then I think (could be wrong) his most recent visits haven't been great plus he's not UK based no?

So I'd take one of the top 3 let Cookie guest for Crumpet til he is fit 

Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen rides in Denmark but I am not sure he rides in Sweden this year? Could be wrong...

Also he'd be over here anyway riding for Berwick, so he could do with some midweek action I'm sure