British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

BWD would be a great option to replace jordy who sadly looks to be out for a while

I agree, BWD looks like the best option but I imagine a few other teams may bump the price up a little, thought Peterborough or King's Lynn would have came knocking weeks ago, even before Cookie left Lynn

On 6/1/2021 at 9:20 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Rather have a NL junior....

You'll be glad you went for Scott Nichols instead of a NL junior then?

On 6/2/2021 at 11:11 AM, SharpenRake said:

You'll need more than a couple of cooks to stir up the witches cauldron - wooden spoon beckons. 

:party:

On 6/2/2021 at 11:17 AM, Bagpuss said:

Do you genuinely think Ipswich look worse than Lynn :D 

:t:

if you get BWD you will have a really strong team - especially if you get cook as a 28 day replacement for Crump - Better still sign Cookie and Panthers can have Crump as a replacement for Pederson

Just now, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Stefan not Leslie I presume! :D

Well I was thinking Stefan,,, but they might just go with Leslie

Let's sign craig cook on a 28 day deal before we go to belle vue on Monday.  15 pt max tonight surely is sufficient to take a punt

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, chun said:

Let's sign craig cook on a 28 day deal before we go to belle vue on Monday.  15 pt max tonight surely is sufficient to take a punt

We don't even need to do that,,, just offer him all the guest bookings until Jason is back 

• Like 1

Reading that Heeps is also out for about 3 weeks. Season rapidly changing.

Cookie is the man,this will strengthen Ipswich in more ways than 1, summers ? must be a rider shortage

53 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Cookie is the man,this will strengthen Ipswich in more ways than 1, summers ? must be a rider shortage

With all six Premiership clubs in action, there is a shortage of guests!

• Sad 1

Are we really going us rr for Stewart for possibly six weeks? Okay we will prob score more points that way,,, but what about when he is fit? He clearly wasn't on the pace before the injury,, so I would imagine he would be even further away after 6 weeks or more off 

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Are we really going us rr for Stewart for possibly six weeks? Okay we will prob score more points that way,,, but what about when he is fit? He clearly wasn't on the pace before the injury,, so I would imagine he would be even further away after 6 weeks or more off 

This would be a perfect opportunity to use our remaining points up after the loss of Klint. Although it’s harsh on Jordan we really must sign BWD or a double up rider.  As there are only two small tracks in our league we need to sign a big track rider rather than say Ed kennett. 
if we don’t act sharpish we won’t have any points to play with due to Anders sensational start to the season and massive average increase.  
if we do get BWD he would be at reserve when Anders moves up !!!!!

• Like 3

We definitely need to replace Jordan, six weeks is more than half of the season. We only have 7 more home meetings this season so we can’t go RR for that long. As others have said we will lose the extra points available when Anders average goes up and end up with having to get guests for Jordan who will be at reserve. There are riders out there in this country available as King’s Lynn keep finding them. If the promotion doesn’t make changes this is going to be a very long & short season if you get what I mean.:(

• Like 2

I'm gonna imagine a new rider will be announced very soon,,, as surely no one in their right mind would let the averages change, without a new face.

And with possibly Kings Lynn after another rider after an injury to Kerr today,,, they better get a move on 

Edited by Baldyman