British Speedway Forum

I think we have a hell of a lot better team now,,,,, just take the heaters off the wall. 

I wasn't going to go Thursday,,, I am now 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I think we have a hell of a lot better team now,,,,, just take the heaters off the wall. 

I wasn't going to go Thursday,,, I am now 

Same here Baldy, wasn’t bothering, definitely am now. Just a shame Crump took that tumble as he was starting to get going nicely, much better than I was expecting. 

Looking at the line up above, MUCH more competitive. Kemp is starting to get going so the reserve pair looks strong. Cook for Heeps gives us a more potent attack too. 

Good moves, sad for the two lads out injured but that’s the tough side of speedway - with the lack of rider availability in uk I’m sure both will get opportunities later in the season when fit again

41 minutes ago, ipswichwitches said:

I 'think' this makes our lineup (in average order)

Crump: 8.00

Cook: 7.82

King: 6.85

Allen: 5.70

Starke: 4.00

Rowe 3.00

Kemp (RS)

Total: 35.37

Starke's PL green sheet is 6.4 effective from 01/06/21, so with a 1.6 conversion, takes that to 4

It is still a 1.5 conversion so Starke will be 4.27

Note, just noticed over the 35.5 limit so does British concessions apply?

Edited by IronScorpion
added post

Clutching at straws on Cook's average, his Premiership average was 7.59 due to increase as of 1/6 to 7.82, but as he was released before 1/6 does his recent (June) Championship average come in to play, converted, to 6.71. 

Wow what a team, former 3 x world champ and gp rider,,,, 2 former British Champs,,, 1 former gp rider. Current 2 x British under 19 champ and the current conference league Champ,,, 

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Clutching at straws on Cook's average, his Premiership average was 7.59 due to increase as of 1/6 to 7.82, but as he was released before 1/6 does his recent (June) Championship average come in to play, converted, to 6.71. 

Cook will be on 7.82

Just now, Rob B said:

Cook will be on 7.82

It's strange as he left Kings Lynn on 7.59 according to green sheet issued 1st June and 3rd June. But on the 8th June that has gone up to 7.82. His last match for the Stars was on 27th June. 7.59 appears to be his starting average for the season.
Lets's hope we haven't made a mistake somewhere.

That is why I posted my previous post as the rules have been twisted, bent & gone round corners. They are said to be using his "old, May Premiership" average but his "recent" Championship average should apply. Either way, Ipswich have re-declared under the limit.